PDA

View Full Version : Ripping DVD subtitles, not working.

Lord Nero
26th April 2002, 00:34
Hi, I'm wanting to rip subtitles from a DVD and then make them permanent into the .avi file. I know how to make them permanent when I have the subs, but I can't get them to come out right. I have tried both Subripper and Subrip which seems to be the popular ones. Everytime I try the boxes that will find the correct letter is either small, or not fitting something like this: http://nerogfx.netfirms.com/subrip.gif

I have learned (somewhat good anyway) how to rip the video and so on but now the subtitles to go. I have done exactly what I have could.. Any suggestions here?

Edit: Ok, so I got it to work with VobSub and VirtualDub, but why isn't the other progs working. Maybe doesn't like those subs..

Manao
26th April 2002, 17:38
You didn't choose the right colors. Remember, when Sub Rip find the first subtitles, it asks you whether you see the subtitle with a white font over a black background. If it isn't the case, you have to change the color to obtain white and black.

Lord Nero
26th April 2002, 20:16
Ah.. Thx for that, damn colors making it wrong.. Now it works.. Arigato..

MvB
5th May 2002, 00:05
Hi,

If you want permanent subtitles, why do you rip the subtitles first to put them later again in the avi?

With Flaskmpeg and i think, with Xmpeg, it's possible to select directly the subtitle-stream you want to have permanently in your video while encoding.

If you ment with this post that you want to be able to turn your subtitles on and off, forget this reply.

MvB