PDA

View Full Version : BeStrip

aquaplaning
22nd April 2002, 21:47
hi
i tried to integrate the besweet.dll into the vstrip gui. TheWef forwarded me your mail 'cause he's busy working on "gknot next generation".
i integrated the few things you pointed out in your mail and tried to get it working. but as you can guess it doesn't yet.

first of all there seemes to be a problem with the original vstrip_gui sources. they compile clean but when you hit the run button the prog freezes. (is this the compile problem you where talking about?) i think i solved the problem by removing a "synchronized" in the TVSThread.CreateVS constructor.

i tried the besweet.pas unit with a small test prog and it worked fine but the vstrip_callback function sends very small data with it (5 to 8 bytes) so this ends in an exception in besweet.dll.

till now it is not possible to encode more than one ac3 stream 'cause the callback function feeds only one decoder.

...many problems ahead.

see attach for the source

aquaplaning

DSPguru
23rd April 2002, 05:24
@aquaplaning
i understand that you managed to write a stand-alone proggy that uses BeSweet.dll. that's good.
it's true that BeSweet.dll can only transcode one stream at a time, but maybe if you create more instances of handles to BeSweet.dll, it'll work. (hDLL1, hDLL2,..)
vstrip_callback function should supply ac3 chunks at size of about 2k, so 5,8 bytes doesn't looks like the right substream.

maybe you can try out with setting only a callback function to the audio substream 0x80, and see how it works.

if [maven] is reading this, he might also give you some hints.

@wizard_fl
please moderate aqua's attach.

BlackSun
23rd April 2002, 07:52
Yeah I got the same problem, the gui freeze when I press the run button...

I have accepted the attachement btw

aquaplaning
23rd April 2002, 22:21
it seems that it is working now.
the first ac3 stream from output 0 gets encoded to <outputfile>.mp3

i included the sources and the exe in the attach, so you can give it a try.

the code is no beauty but i wanted to keep it simple. ;)

aquaplaning

Dark-Cracker
24th April 2002, 01:42
wait the moderator dont have already accept the attached file.

PS: perhaps u could help me if you try to modify the vstrip src. plz read this.

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=23160

Thank u for your answer, bye.

DSPguru
24th April 2002, 04:41
@aqua
that's great news !! very impressive :) !
i'll wait to see the results (whenever tha attach becomes public).
please make sure your attach also includes a compiled version :).

BlackSun
24th April 2002, 07:59
Validated :) Nice job aquaplanning!

DSPguru
24th April 2002, 21:58
i've read the code - it's fine !

if you're planning to support mpa substreams (0xc0..0xc7 - i believe), the code should look like this :function vStrip_CallBack(data: PByte; si: tp_vs_streaminfo; user_data: cardinal): boolean; cdecl;
var info: BS_Record;
begin
info := ac3bursts(si.length, data);
{writeln(f, format('[%.2d:%.2d:%.2d:%.3d] peak: %f',
[info.hours, info.minutes, info.seconds, info.millis, info.peak]));
writeln(f, format('user_data: %d length:%d stream_id:%d substream_id:%d vob_id:%d',
[user_data, si.length, si.stream_id, si.substream_id, si.vob_id]));}
result := true;
end;.

changes are :
removed inc(data, 4);
modified info := ac3bursts(si.length - 4, data);

p.s.
----
uploaded BeSweet.dll v1.b12.

Dg.

aquaplaning
25th April 2002, 22:00
a new release again. :)

i have added a small form to modify the dll's command line (<output> gets substituted with the selected file (which has to be done before selecting MP3 Output)).

i don't think i will create a form with millions of checkboxes because i don't know the features of the besweet.dll, wich of them are important...
perhaps someone else want's to try.
with the command line all future releases of the dll should work without a change in the code. (the line get's saved in the registry so your preferred settings stay the default settings.)

i also tried to encode multiple streams at once but that's not possible with the current dll. a second loadlibrary call returns the same handle as the first one.

i would like to see my source modifications in maven's code. perhaps someone could convince him... ;)

Nic
25th April 2002, 22:27
Slightly off-topic, but did you try the NoOutput function, didn't seem to work on mine :( Might be me making a mistake though ;)

Doesn't matter, because im using the old trick of creating the first file with the filename "NUL"... :)

Just though i'd mention it. :)

Cheers,
-Nic

ps
its good to see you here aquaplaning, quite an impact in such few posts here :) & your bro speaks of you often :)

DrKnowLittle
30th April 2002, 12:37
Will mp2 (44.1Khz , 224Kpbs) output be possible to ?

DSPguru
30th April 2002, 15:21
i believe it is possible with the current release.
whenever you check the "MP3 Output", you'll get an inputbox where you can set BeSweet commandline to "-2lame( ... )".

btw, aqua, i would suggest to remove the start of the commandline :
BeSweet.dll -core( -input ac3input -output <output>.mp3 ) -ota( -d 0 -G max ) -lame( --alt-preset 128 --scale 1 )this part should be generated by the gui and not changed by the user.
another little thing that i believe is missing by default - logfile creation.

Cheers,
Dg.

aquaplaning
30th April 2002, 22:24
DSPguru reported some errors and therefore i've added some logging which can be activated by checking the new "BeSweet Logfile" checkboxe on the BeSweet form.
added also some minor improvements.

@Nic
does "NoOutput function" mean: getting the mp3 file without the ac3 file? (didn't seem to work for me either)
and thanks for the warm welcome

@DrKnowLittle
http://dspguru.doom9.org/
http://besweet.notrace.dk/cli.html

@DSPguru
i implemented your suggestions:
mpa input, different command line, optional log

the link from your page to this thread makes me proud :)

Nic
1st May 2002, 08:22
Hi,

No, NoOutput() Should stop an output file being produced. This is so that two pass normalization (-g max) can work without creating two output files with each pass.

Im sure DSPGuru will probably fix it whenever he gets a spare moment :) , but until then ive just hacked together a workaround :)

Cheers,
-Nic

DSPguru
1st May 2002, 14:54
@aqua
i'm not sure if the logfile would help me to trace the problem, this is something more basic :
whenever i click on the "run" button - the gui quits. (only happens when "mp3 output" is checked).

i'm very happy with your work, it's natural to link here :D.

@nic
what's exactly the problem with NoOutput ?

Nic
1st May 2002, 14:55
Ill have to do more tests, but it wasn't creating the complete file even if NoOuput was called, but it was creating a file....But I havent tested it in a while so ill give you a report sometime in the future :)

Cheers,
-Nic

DSPguru
1st May 2002, 14:57
funny Nic :)

sure, the file is being CREATED, but nothing is written to it.
data will be written to it only on the second pass.

Dg.

Nic
1st May 2002, 15:24
Oh, I appear to have partly missed the point of its purpose then. I see what you mean now. Ill change DVD2AVI tonight & report back.

(When I saw NoOutput creating a file, I just assumed it wasnt working quite right, so I just made it output to NUL...I am still calling NoOutput though on the first pass so, in essence, im doing it the right way :) )

Thanks for the help,

Cheers,
-Nic

aquaplaning
1st May 2002, 15:35
i forgot to point this out more clearly:
now the BeSweet Command Line has to look something like this:
"-ota( -d 0 -G max ) -lame( --alt-preset 128 --scale 1 )" (default)
"BeSweet.dll" and the whole "-core" chunk are added automaticly. if you used an older release an old command line will be loaded from the registry and will not work without changing it to the above.

@DSPguru
let's wait for the new attach. a trace output is written in every new function that i added. perhaps we are lucky :D

DSPguru
3rd May 2002, 08:07
@Nic
i'm sorry if i confused you. here's a sample implementation of two-pass mp2 encoding.

first pass :
BeSweet -core( -input track.ac3 -output svcd.mp2 ) -azid( -g 0db ) -2lame( -b 224 )
NoOutput()

second pass :
BeSweet -core( -input track.ac3 -output svcd.mp2 ) -azid( -g VALUE ) -2lame( -b 224 )

@Aqua
problem still here. i press the "run" button, and the gui quits :(..
i've also noticed the output filename isn't stored in the registry..

Nic
3rd May 2002, 08:27
Thanks DG that makes things clearer.... :) Ill implement that soon :)

-Nic

ps
'bout time I release my d2a I think :)

DSPguru
3rd May 2002, 09:16
Originally posted by Nic
ps
'bout time I release my d2a I think :) 1e5 ppl awaits :D.

aquaplaning
3rd May 2002, 14:05
@DSPguru
when you check "BeSweet Logfile" a tracefile should be created named "<output>.bslog.txt". there should already be some lines in it before the dll stuff starts. do you get this file and what's in it? i will send you the dll's that i am testing with via mail. perhaps some things do not match together.

anybody facing the same problem?

maven
3rd May 2002, 15:09
i will take over all of the "basic" changes (i.e. types etc.) into the official source. with the besweet.pas... let's just say there'll be a surprise soon (or has anyone else wondered why - in the vStrip source - the dvd2avi support is called "dvd2avi_plugin.c"? :))

DSPguru
3rd May 2002, 15:49
@maven
that's cool news :D.
it's just that in this case, the BeSweet.dll is a plugin for vStrip_gui (besweet.pas), and not for vStrip (besweet.c).

@aqua
your code made it :cool: !
please make sure to use BS_ABOUT function, so the users can see the version of BeSweet.dll used.
also, a link to my webpage would be good for users that want to keep updating to the latest releases of the dll. (current release isn't bugless :().

@nic
i forgot to ask you -
1. "original" dvd2avi used to put the delay value in the extracted stream filename. question is - are you delivering this information to BeSweet.dll for automatic assertion of delay ?
2. have you implemented the MPA_Bursts as well ;) ?

@delphi programmers
no1 volunteers to create a BeSweet configuration Form :) ?

Nic
3rd May 2002, 23:45
I didn't know how that delay worked...I should read up on it...Does it work for all output formats?

At present, it mux's MP3 & AC3 automatically with Nandub (its a selectable option)...& i grab the delay & parse it too nandubs interleave function....

Havent done MPA_Bursts yet but I want to, ill definitely implement it next week (so much to do & so little time :) )

Cheers,
-Nic

DSPguru
3rd May 2002, 23:49
have you noticed the switch : -ota( -d 0 ) ?
well, the idea is to replace 0 by the A/V DELAY value ;).

yes, it works for every media format.
no, if the delay is asserted on nandub, it isn't needed :).

Nic
4th May 2002, 00:01
Of course I noticed the -ota( -d ) switch...no need to be sarcastic ;)

I just didn't know how effective it was & for what formats it worked. So I ignored it pretty much :) Ill add it for ogg creation :)

Thanks for the info :)

-Nic

DSPguru
4th May 2002, 00:06
Originally posted by Nic
Of course I noticed the -ota( -d ) switch...no need to be sarcastic ;)i wasn't sarcastic.
BeSweet has about 100 switches. i don't expect any1 but me (and probably dannidin) to know them by heart :).

Ill add it for ogg creation :)

Thanks for the info :)

-Nic you ruLe :) !

btw,
maybe you can ask Koepi to offer a CLI/DLL version of OggMux, and use it like you use nandub for creating Ogg streams.

Nic
4th May 2002, 00:18
Dont worry :) I didn't take any offence or anything :) ( I know the switches pretty well now...& I hadnt used besweet before I started implmenting dvd2avi's features ! :) )

I know I was thinking of asking Koepi...Im pretty handy at using filters myself, so I might just write it from scratch & ask him for help for the chapter stuff etc. But I dont use the OGM format myself (dont like it, because the filters are closed source...although thats not a slight againt tobias...its amazing what he has achieved :) )

Cheers,
-Nic

DSPguru
4th May 2002, 00:22
Originally posted by Nic
Im pretty handy at using filters myself, so I might just write it from scratchdon't you ever get some rest.. :) ?

Nic
4th May 2002, 00:24
Dont you? :D Your replying quicker than I can hit refresh ! :)

-Nic

ps
Answer to post below: you started it. :D

DSPguru
4th May 2002, 00:28
you might recall the thread i had with mr. froggie, when he wrote scripts for BeSweet.
i think that some of our replies to each other were on the very same minute. hihi.

anyway, let's stop here. this thread is pretty important, and we shouldn't fill it with offtopic chitchats :).

EDIT :
reply to answer above -
and that's why i'm ending it :).

DSPguru
4th May 2002, 13:45
@aquaOriginally posted by aquaplaning
i also tried to encode multiple streams at once but that's not possible with the current dll. a second loadlibrary call returns the same handle as the first one.you could, on run-time, create file copies of BeSweet.dll (BeSweet1.dll, BeSweet2.dll, etc'..), and link each hDLLn to BeSweetn.dll.
i wonder if it'll work...

ps,
don't forget to delete the dll instances when finished ;).

aquaplaning
4th May 2002, 20:30
i tried your suggestion with 2 dlls and i got an "Access violation in 'lame_enc.dll'" during the 'deinit' call of the second dll. none of the 2 mp3 files created where playable in mp.
unfortunately it's not that easy :(

but i added a link to your webpage and the version of the dll is also displayed now.
download from http://aquaplaning.20m.com/

is your "run" button problem solved?

DSPguru
4th May 2002, 20:43
Originally posted by aquaplaning
i tried your suggestion with 2 dlls and i got an "Access violation in 'lame_enc.dll'" during the 'deinit' call of the second dll. none of the 2 mp3 files created where playable in mp.
unfortunately it's not that easy :( i wonder if the same will happen when encoding to Ogg. feel like testing.. :) ?

but i added a link to your webpage and the version of the dll is also displayed now.
download from http://aquaplaning.20m.com/cool, and you now have a website, and that means you're here to stay :cool: .

is your "run" button problem solved? IT WORKS !
Your code is fine, but BeSweet.dll is still sensible.

few suggestions (you don't have to do any of those) :
- replace the "MP3 Output" label with "MP3/MP2/OGG Output" combobox.
- replace the HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\[maven]\vStrip_GUI\BeSweet key, with MP3, MP2, OGG keys.
(i'll give you the advised switches for all output types ;)).
2. store the "logfile" checkbox value, and "output" filename textbox.
3. support cell-splitting (very useful when backuping live concerts)
4. replace "-logfile" with "-logfilea"
5. print the maximum gain found in the 4th form (eta).

according to this test, demuxing+decoding+encoding takes 1.5x realtime :).
here's my logfile :

BeSweet v1.3b13 by DSPguru.
--------------------------
Using azid.dll v1.8 (b825) by Midas (midas@egon.gyaloglo.hu).
Using lame_enc.dll v1.28 (18/4/2002), Engine 3.92 <http://www.mp3dev.org/>.

BeSweet.dll -core( -input ac3input -output e:\ac3tomp3\test.mp3 -logfile e:\ac3tomp3\test.txt ) -lame( --alt-preset 128 --scale 1 ) -ota( -G max )

[00:00:00:000] +------- BeSweet -----
[00:00:00:000] | Input : ac3input
[00:00:00:000] | Output: e:\ac3tomp3\test.mp3
[00:00:00:000] | Floating-Point Process: Yes
[00:00:00:000] +-------- AZID -------
[00:00:00:000] | Output Stereo mode: Dolby surround compatible
[00:00:00:000] | Total Gain: 0.0dB, Compression: None
[00:00:00:000] | LFE levels: To LR 0.0dB, To LFE 0.0dB
[00:00:00:000] | Center mix level: BSI
[00:00:00:000] | Surround mix level: BSI
[00:00:00:000] | Dialog normalization: No
[00:00:00:000] | Rear channels filtering: No
[00:00:00:000] | Source Sample-Rate: 48.0KHz
[00:00:00:000] +-------- LAME -------
[00:00:00:000] | 'abr 128' preset is used
[00:00:00:000] +---------------------
[00:05:56:448] Gain of 16.5dB had been asserted to file.
[00:05:56:448] Conversion Completed !
[00:05:56:448] Actual Avg. Bitrate : 125kbps
[00:03:58:000] <-- Transcoding Duration

DSPguru
4th May 2002, 23:26
@NicOriginally posted by Nic
Of course I noticed the -ota( -d ) switch... Ill add it for ogg creation :)can i ask you, when you encode to mp3, to store the delay value in the id3 tag comment ?
the switch would be :
-lame( --ty [DELAY VALUE] )

as for ogg, we already agreed on :
-ota( -d [DELAY VALUE] ) :)

Belgabor
18th May 2002, 23:33
A few cents to the multiple streams/dll thing:

I think you have to make windoze actually load the dll 2 times, which it wont with 2 calls to the LoadLibrary function with the same filename. You could try to have the dll twice with different filenames (aka BeSweet2.dll) although you prolly have to do that for lame_enc.dll too (and make BeSweet2.dll use that (it works that way dun it?)).

I'm not that much of a programmer, so this might be a whole bunch of hogwash, but perhaps worth a try ;)

Regards
Belgabor

TheWEF
20th May 2002, 00:16
msdn:

Platform SDK: DLLs, Processes, and Threads

Thread Local Storage
All threads of a process share the virtual address space and the global variables of that process. The local variables of a thread function are local to each thread that runs the function. However, the static or global variables used by that function have the same value for all threads. With thread local storage (TLS), you can create a unique copy of a variable for each thread. Using TLS, one thread allocates an index that can be used by any thread of the process to retrieve its unique copy.

Use the following steps to implement TLS:

Use the TlsAlloc function during process or dynamic-link library (DLL) initialization to allocate a TLS index.
For each thread that needs to use the TLS index, allocate dynamic storage, then use the TlsSetValue function to associate the index with a pointer to the dynamic storage.
When you need a thread to access its storage, specify the TLS index in a call to the TlsGetValue function to retrieve the pointer.
When each thread no longer needs the dynamic storage that it has associated with a TLS index, it must free the index. When all threads have finished using a TLS index, use the TlsFree function to free the index.
The constant TLS_MINIMUM_AVAILABLE defines the minimum number of TLS indexes available in each process. This minimum is guaranteed to be at least 64 for all systems.

Windows 2000/XP: There is a limit of 1088 TLS indexes per process.
Windows 98/Me: There is a limit of 80 TLS indexes per process.
Windows 95, Windows NT 4.0 and earlier: There is a limit of 64 TLS indexes per process.

It is ideal to use TLS in a DLL. Perform the initial TLS operations in the DllMain function in the context of the process or thread attaching to the DLL. When a new process attaches to the DLL, call TlsAlloc in the entry-point function to allocate a TLS index for that process. Then store the TLS index in a global variable that is private to each attached process. When a new thread attaches to the DLL, allocate dynamic memory for that thread in the entry-point function, and use TlsSetValue with the TLS index from TlsAlloc to save private data to the index. Then you can use the TLS index in a call to TlsGetValue to access the private data for the calling thread from within any function in the DLL. When a process detaches from the DLL, call TlsFree.

aquaplaning
20th May 2002, 13:33
so all involved dll's would have to be changed to get it working?
sounds very easy ;)

TheWEF
20th May 2002, 13:52
aeh,... btw:

what is this yellow stain on your avatar? :D

aquaplaning
20th May 2002, 22:03
the "stain" is a bull. and it's of course related with cars.
do i have to say more? :devil:

TheWEF
21st May 2002, 00:19
:D

DSPguru
28th May 2002, 17:47
Darksoul71 have decided to code the BeSweet configuration form.

Stay Tuned :).

Darksoul71
28th May 2002, 22:45
Oops ! Just found out that the BeStrip GUI is written in Delphi 6.0 and canŽt be compiled with my Delphi 5.0 Standard :(

I know that there is a Personal Version of Delphi 6.0 but it is a whooping 140.8 Mb big. Way too much for my 56k DialUp connect :D

May be I can get it from a friend but I canŽt promise.

cu,
D$

DSPguru
29th May 2002, 20:12
ouch...

aquaplaning
30th May 2002, 10:57
i did install my good old delphi 5 again ;) and added my changes to a newly downloaded delphi 5 version from maven.

so there are no excuses anymore, get to work Darksoul71 :)

http://aquaplaning.20m.com/vstrip_gui.srcd5.zip

aquaplaning
30th May 2002, 11:03
the above link doesn't work. those bastards ...
please go first to my site and take the link there.
http://aquaplaning.20m.com/
to play it safe i also attached the file.

Darksoul71
30th May 2002, 11:47
so there are no excuses anymore, get to work Darksoul71
Damn, and I thought that I have such a good excuse not to work on BeStrip :D

IŽll get the source and start my work ASAP

cu,
D$

maven
31st May 2002, 12:44
discourage you guys, but the next vStrip version will be compiled using Delphi6 Personal (but i don't see why you can't use delphi5 to compile it...)...

Darksoul71
1st June 2002, 11:54
@maven:
but i don't see why you can't use delphi5 to compile it...)...
Hm, there are certain units and components just not available in Delphi 5.0.

@all:
I have to finish a DLL for work till Wednesday. So I wanŽt start my work on the BeSweet Configuration Tab before end of Friday.

So please "nail down" some specs for the Tab. I donŽt think that it makes sense to implement ALL BeSweet features. Just discuss which one would be useful.

IŽll use this "specs" for coding the BeSweet Tab.

cu,
D$

P.S.: IŽve just thought about one thing: Delphi 6.0 Personal is a no-go for me because IŽm using a licensed version of Delphi 5.0 and actually sell compiled code with it (at least my company does). Running Delphi 6.0 Personal and 5.0 Standard at one PC at the same time shouldnŽt be possible. At least I think so.

maven
1st June 2002, 12:43
AFAIK, delphi6 and delphi5 can be run in parallel...

Darksoul71
1st June 2002, 14:43
Hi Maven !

Thanks for answering !
Have you really tried this ?
I donŽt want to risk to mess up my dev system.

-D$

maven
2nd June 2002, 13:58
no, that's why i wrote AFAIK... ^_^

aquaplaning
3rd June 2002, 17:29
i did install delphi 5 in paralell to delphi 6 (of course everything in different dirs) and they worked fine. i even could run them simultanously. but the delphi 5 bde (database engine) overruled the old delphi 6 one, which didn't work anymore.

to get both versions work with databases you have to install only the delphi 6 one because d6 doesn't work with bde5.

but i did no exhaustive researches of course ...

PeterTheMaster
5th June 2002, 14:52
how come many instances of besweet.exe can run parallel but not besweet.dll?

Darksoul71
5th June 2002, 22:08
Argh, forgot the attachment :)

Darksoul71
5th June 2002, 22:10
Hi !

IŽve finished the first modification on the VStrip GUI:
IŽve added support for a profile file called BS_PROFILES.INI
A sample text file is included with the source.
All source code was added to aquaplanings BeSweet form/unit.
Is this ok ?
Or shall I make a extra form that is called by the BeSweet form ?

Two more hints:
1) The "Ini" File is not a real ini file. That means: I donŽt use TIniFile
to read the values. May be IŽll change that but my small crappy
piece of code works fine enough IMO. New entries can be added to
the BS_PROFILE.INI by hand. Entry format:
Profilename=commandline
2) The OK and Chancel Button donŽt have a function call when
you click at them. May be aquaplaning forgot about this ? ;)

Where to go from here (my suggestion):
IŽll add a multi tab component to the BeSweet form (may be
TabbedNoteBook ?) with a sheet for each BeSweet component
There IŽll add all parameters to choose. This settings can be added
to the BS_PROFILE.INI by a button.

OK ? Not OK ? Other suggestions ?

-D$

aquaplaning
6th June 2002, 09:54
The OK and Chancel Button donŽt need to have function calls because they are TBitBtn.
this line in MainForm:
if BeSweetForm.ShowModal = mrOK then ...
shows the BeSweetForm and tests if the OK Button was clicked ...
:confused:

Darksoul71
6th June 2002, 10:59
Hi !

I didnŽt want to critisize you. ;)
IŽm just not used to this way of checking a button.

cu,
D$

DSPguru
7th June 2002, 10:43
@d$
please include a compiled version in your archive. i don't have delphi..

Darksoul71
7th June 2002, 11:01
@DG: Sorry. I forgot about this. IŽve attached a compiled version in this message.

cu,
D$

DSPguru
8th June 2002, 17:39
very nice work so far !!
could you make automatic extension for file according to profile type ?
currently, it's static as 'mp3'.

btw,
beside the BeSweet form, there's more work to do on the BeSweet integration :
a. support for all media types (ac3,mpa,pcm)
b. two-pass gain.
c. support for multiple streams and cell-splitting.

ps
a. what does the 'profiles' button do ?
b. is the logfile switch implements '-logfile' or '-logfilea' ?
c. whenever profile is used, please add to the command line the following part : -profile( [profilename] ). example :
-azid( -c normal -L -3db -g10db ) -ota( -G max ) -ogg( -q 0.200 ) -profile( DSPguru_ogg@90kbps )

Keep it up :D,
Dg.

Darksoul71
8th June 2002, 19:19
Hi !

@DG:
could you make automatic extension for file according to profile type ? currently, it's static as 'mp3'.

But how to judge what extension to select ? Should be the extension part of the Profile name ? Like "My profile ABR MP3" ?
This would be an easy solution.

what does the 'profiles' button do ?
Currently nothing ! :)
But I can post again what I have in mind with
:D "THE MAGIC PROFILES BUTTON" :D

Where to go from here (my suggestion):
IŽll add a multi tab component to the BeSweet form (may be
TabbedNoteBook ?) with a sheet for each BeSweet component
There IŽll add all parameters to choose. This settings can be added
to the BS_PROFILE.INI by a button.

whenever profile is used, please add to the command line the following part : -profile( [profilename] ).
Might be a stupid question but what reason has this -profile switch ?

cu,
D$

DSPguru
8th June 2002, 19:46
Originally posted by Darksoul71
Might be a stupid question but what reason has this -profile switch ?so i can see which profile was used when users posts their logfiles.

Darksoul71
6th July 2002, 09:44
Hi folks !

IŽve just finished my last exams on university and IŽm back for developing on BeStrip. At least on the BeSweet config form :)

IŽll release a new version in a few days and hope for feedback.

cu,
D$

maven
19th October 2002, 17:26
could someone (i.e. mod) remove the sticky?

this thread is getting stale ;)

DSPguru
19th October 2002, 17:34
good idea :).

after all, now that we have a built-in support for vobs inside BeSweet, the BeStrip project is sorta dead.

Darksoul71
31st October 2002, 11:49
Yeah, remove the sticky tag :)

I must excuse myself for neither releasing the promised new version of BeStrip, nor giving an update.

IŽm pretty busy with working on my diploma.

Sorry,
D$