PDA

View Full Version : Xcard playback trouble

kojima
24th April 2002, 03:43
Everything seems to be fine, I understand the aspect ratio problems. My only problem is that it plays my divx files jerky. It plays back DVD's just fine. The only Thing I can think of that might be causing the problem are the B-Frames, but the specs say it shouldn't be a problem. Any ideas?

MaTTeR
24th April 2002, 04:56
We were discussing this the other day in IRC. My understanding is that the card requires a software update in order to be compliant with B-Frames. Also, Divx 3.11 should not be supported via software.

A few of us are interested in the card, mainly for Xvid playback. Perhaps you would be so kind as to give us some general thoughts after you have had time to play with it:)

BlackSun
24th April 2002, 08:23
I'll add support for the Xcard very soon... I just need the card :D

kojima
24th April 2002, 16:10
So far I've been real happy with the Xcard. Sure the software sucks, but the only functional problem i've seen is the jerky playback (appearently with b-frames). But, other than that, I finally got to use the ac3 audio I've been muxing into my divx files (works like a charm), and it upscales to 1080i, which looks awsome (another feature I've been dying for). I think it would rock if powerdivx had support for the xcard.

Razor04
24th April 2002, 20:36
Umm, no offense or anything, but was it necessary to post the same question in 2 other forums too? Quick question though, how is image quality compared to software playback only?

kojima
24th April 2002, 22:49
Sorry about the 2 posts, just wanted to make sure someone saw it. As far as picture quality goes, if you're talking about tv out It looks Much better than when I was using my GeForce3. A big part of that though is due to the fact that I have an HDTV and it adjusts the scan height when it receives a 16:9 signal, only scanning the image area rather than wasting lines of reolution painting the letterbox. It also upconverts to 1080i which rocks.