PDA

View Full Version : Tool "AutoDub" for Divx4/5 & XviD !

Dark-Cracker
23rd April 2002, 22:55
New Thread here :

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=24678

Bye.

Dark-Cracker
24th April 2002, 13:35
new version added the

- Divx4 : 2 options added : "CPU Limit usage", "postprocessing level"
- Divx5 : 1 option added : "pre processing"
- a better shutdown

Actually this version support :
an .avs file for input
Divx Pro 5.x / divx4.12 (divx4.dll) / Xvid build 22-04-02
1 pass CBR / 2pass-first pass + 2pass-second pass

for the Divx5 support Bidirectional Enc, GMC, Quarter Pixel, PE....

for the Divx4 always add the 3th pass (in order to obtain exact file size)

for the Xvid support Luminance Masking, HintME only for the second pass.

Plz if you test my tool post an msg if you want more options or if you find bug (need add Alt. Curv Comp. and Credit Enc for the Xvid Mod).

roy
24th April 2002, 20:06
I cant run your programm. I got message "The language DLL VB6FR.DLL could not be found". Could you help me.

Dark-Cracker
24th April 2002, 20:20
i have update with a new version who normaly dont ask u for the vb6fr.dll think to dl the Visualbasic runtime.

PS: i think u need too MSDMO.DLL, but try this version and post a msg if you have a problem.

roy
24th April 2002, 20:45
Ok new version runs. But after choosing option for any codec, I start VD. VD starts, but compresion doesn't start. No matter what codec I choose or one or 2 pass for every codec. Maybe there is a mistake in executing VB. Can you check it.

Dark-Cracker
24th April 2002, 21:45
the tool work like this :

first select the codec you want (Divx5 / Divx 4 / Xvid)
when u will press on the start button, the program will chose the codec u have notched . (i must add the detection of the codec for enable or disable the boxes to notch). the 3 codec support 1 pass mode or 2pass (both) mode.

Be sure u have the right codec.
Be sure if you select codec Divx5 that your Virtualdub version is 1.4.10 (support B-frame)

But if Virtualdub still refuse to start, when u press the start button the prog create the file : "C:\JOB.VCF" try to send manualy virtualdub to see if there is an error : command line is : "virtualdub.exe /r /x /sc:\job.vcf" with no space beetween the /s parameters and the path of the file), if Vdub show you an message error , post this message here , else u can say which codec u choose wich the parametters and post the .vcf file here.

Ps: sorry for my poor english, than u very much for testing my tool.

For the Codecs :
---------------

if you select the Divx5 codec, :
u must have a divx5.0/5.0.1 PRO (gain or cracked) !!! (i dont have already tested with the LITE version).

http://membres.lycos.fr/darkangel47/DivXPro501GAIN.exe

if you select the Divx4 :
u must install the version on my site (with this version u can use Divx5 & Divx4 codec on the same Computer, the divx4.12 file now use
the dll : divx4.dll , and a new fourCC)

if you select Xvid :
u must install the Nic's Build 22-04-02

roy
24th April 2002, 22:45
After instaling codec Divx5 the program works fine.

So for using it we must install divx5 codec!

Dark-Cracker
24th April 2002, 23:07
yes this prog will create a job file for virtualdub for automatise boring operations. it will create the file but behind u must have the (right) codec file. i think i will near release a codec pack, Divx5/divx4/Xvid then after install it just start my tool (i will add some generic profil for each codec) select whitch codec you want which final size u want and start the encoding and shutdown the computer at the end.

TODO :
------

add profil for each codec
add autodetect codec installed
add encoding audio
add mux audio/video
add split final movie

PS: what is your configuration ? (winXp/win2k...etc)
which codec and which options have u used ?
do u have see bug/problems ? (bad filesize, don't shutdown)
do u some options that u want to see added ?
are u happy to the result ? and by this tool :)

the much informations an the most people testing this tool could to make it better.

u can try ofcourse most test on this prog, just writte a word if somethink seems wrong

PS: sorry for my bad english (i hope u have understand what i try to sy), and thank u very much for testing my tool :) :) :) bye

roy
25th April 2002, 08:18
Today I had more time to test programm.

I did encoding for each codec: divx5, divx4 and xvid. Not the whole movie only part. For every cocec I did one pass encoding and 2-pass.

Everything was ok, I havn't any problem. Great work.

I think you should add more option for Xvid codec. I like this codec and I really like to play with its options. With this programm I can use ony basic option and I don't know nothing how others a set.

And I think you should add option for encodinn audio to mp3 and ogg, and muxing audio mp3/ogg/ac3 with video.
I think that you should also add option where to write such files as log file for divx4/divx5, bin for divx5, and bin and mhv for Xvid.
And I have writteng before shutdown option works ok.

I'm running Windows XP. And I was using VirtualDub 1.4.10.

Dark-Cracker
25th April 2002, 14:31
>I think you should add more option for Xvid codec
i am trying to add more option for the Xvid, i dont use very much this codec and i dont know which option is important :-( because there is a lot options. i think however i will add the AltcurveCompression and i am always working on the credit encoding.

for the Divx4/5 i think all the options (excep crop resize desinterlace) are here.

>And I think you should add option for encodinn audio to mp3 and ogg,
>and muxing audio mp3/ogg/ac3 with video.
i am trying to add this too, i just wait to be sure there is no but in the video encoding for added the audio panel.

>I think that you should also add option where to write such files as
>log file for divx4/divx5, bin for divx5, and bin and mhv for Xvid.

all the other option you can't config are the default setting (for the log file always written here c:\divxpass.log / mvhfile.bin and for the Xvid log file in the root of the HardDisk where u encode.

Virtualdub use mime64 encoding for the string data of the codec parameters i have find the way to encode only integer in mime64 (using the jonny fonction) but i don't have find the way for the string. :-( but i will find the solution in few days :-)

thank u very much for this test, i will start to add audio part.

PS: if someone know the parameters for besweet and the ogg encoding, and if the koepi muxer work in command line, writte me. bye

Dark-Cracker
26th April 2002, 03:44
hi all :-) there is a new version (less buggy i hope)

http://membres.lycos.fr/darkangel47/Autodub1.1.zip

NEWS :
------

- Divx4 with a third pass (exact filesize)
- Autodetection of codecs
- Support .Avi input
- Select beetween Fast or Full recompress mode
- Fixed Open/Save Dialogbox bug
- Fixed .ini bug

i have completely modifie the function for create the jof file, so please could u completely retest all the fonction with all codecs .
Thank u . (i have alredy tested, and it seems there is no problems)

The first big inovation is a Divx4 - 3pass in fact with the divx4 there is a bug , even if u use 2pass mode u dont get the right final size :-( it for that i have added a third pass , in fact this start a divx4 2pass(first+second) then after do a bitrate recalculation and restart the 2pass-secondpass in order to obtain the exact file size.

(select Divx 4.x , 2pass (both), then tick "divx4.x third pass", choose the desired final size in kbyte and the % error of the final size for restarting the 3rd pass)
Test this new fonction and say me if it work well.

The second big inovation is the Codec verification, will autodetect the codec who have install in your computer.
say me if this work on your computer, then after i will enable/disable button,boxes... whith the codec found.

the 3rd inovation is the support of .avi for input. and the selection beetween fast or full recompress (fast recompress for .avs file and full recompress for .avi input)

i have too modifie the open/close commondialog (stop to use the .ocx file for a API calling) and fixed a little bug with the .ini file, and changing the slider bar.

Plz do a complete testing of options/codec, i have modifie the encoding fonction for after added a log file for the encoding and perhaps a job queud list. i think there is no problem but i wait your comments/request.

once this will do i must add the log file of the encoding process, possibility to change some option in virtualdub (threat priority, show output/input)
added more options for the Xvid codec :)
add generic profil for 1 or 2 cd
add the detection of the Height width, lenght of the input file for creating a bitrate calcultator.

stay tuned for a new release.

Bye all.

PS: i have add to this release a file History.txt but my english is very crap , perhaps someone could correct my "english mistake" thx.

tai
29th April 2002, 04:30
Could someone telll me how to get the program please. I clicked on the above link but it took me to a french web page with error code = 404. I think it meant file not found !

silver_cpu
20th April 2003, 03:00
I'm using the most current version of Autodub (1.7.5, as of this posting), and I can't get the nth-pass feature to work with DivX 5.04 (it worked just fine in 5.03). Two-pass works fine, but I'd like to be able to run 3 passes. Also, several features of DivX are left out of Autodub, which I think would be quite helpful. If you take a look at DVDx, you can see that it just uses the default DivX gui to config the encoder (or you could allow users to enter commands into a CLI), which works very well. If you do end up using this (instead of your own custom GUI), then please also allow for passing un-resized video to the encoder. That way, DivX can do the resizing (very helpful if you want it to de-interlace the video, as well). Thank you! Great work, I love your program.

Dark-Cracker
20th April 2003, 07:42
hi,

if u want u could find a beta version (v1.7.8) here that work well with divx5.0.4 and latest Xvid build.
Plz do not post in this thread it was outdated. new topic here :
http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=24678&goto=lastpost

i don't want to use the default divx gui because i want a simple way to enter your settings with only the usefull parameters.

why using the divx5 resize filter while avisynth to this perfectely ?
and of course decomb desinterlace perfectely the video :)

PS: do not post in this thread plz use the link above for new msg thx.

Bye.