PDA

View Full Version : Chapter Support in 0.9.9.1

kagoru
23rd April 2002, 14:38
I thought that I read that the new version off OggDS brings us Chapter support. How do I jump to a certain chapter?

TIA.

Koepi
23rd April 2002, 16:48
Would you kindly think about your question before posting it?

Belgabor
23rd April 2002, 17:18
It does, its just (imho) not easy to find. Chapters are listed in the same submenu in WiMP than the sound/sub streams.
And it seems like ogms muxed with < 0.9.9.1 and older OGGmux versions dun work. (had just one example, and on that it didnt)

@Koepi:
Gotta say I nearly thought it didnt work, too. It was entirely not where I expected it ;)
(if its somewhere described on Tobias' page, simply disregard my answer =))

Regards
Belgabor

Koepi
23rd April 2002, 18:01
Where you find those chapters is described on Tobias' page.
And I wrote some nice words about "old OggMux and new filters work, new OggMux and old filters work, BUT no go for old OggMux and old filters...)

canadian_fbi
23rd April 2002, 20:44
is there a known bug in smartripper where the chapter times are just horribly off? for example, chapter 27 in one movie shows up in smartripper as: 01:33:22.44, but chapterxtractor gives it as 01:37:14:26. my apologies if everyone but me already knows about this.

kagoru
23rd April 2002, 21:10
That probably has to do something with frames per second:

some math:

25fps/23.976fps = 01:37:14/01:33:22 = 1.04

kxy
23rd April 2002, 22:39
I can confirm the smartripper *bug as described by canadian_fbi.

SpEeDaMiGo
24th April 2002, 23:34
I've encountered another ?"bug"?. When selecting a chapter in WMP6.4 it won't start at the correct time, it will start at the next keyframe. I've compared timing and frame numbers with the original dvd to be sure I didn't make any mistake but even if I set some offset to the chapter times like -1 or -2 seconds it would still start at the following keyframe. Just my first experiences .... gonna make some further testing.
Although chapter support doesn't seem to be perfect yet (for me at least .... don't know if anybody has the same problem), it's already very nice to have such a feature with the ogg container. Thanks.

canadian_fbi
24th April 2002, 23:43
i think that's due to the fact that the ogg splitter always searches to a keyframe (assuming you've left that option checked). since it would have to decode starting at a keyframe anyway, i suppose it might as well start playing there. i noticed a slight offset in my chapter start times too, but i figured that was due to the less-than-accurate chapter times that chapterxtractor was giving me. but all this chapter business is just sort of an unexpected bonus anyway, so i wouldn't ask that tobias and everyone spend their weekends trying to make chapters accurate to the nearest millisecond. :) these ogg ds filters are quite good already.

twistee
27th April 2002, 04:21
I figured out how to find chapters in wmp (fianlly!) but I cant find them in zoom player (and thats what i use). Can someone please tell me where they are? Im pretty sure I have the latest version, but i will have a look and see if there are newer ones. In the audiotrack menu in zoom player it only has the audio track....help?

twistee
27th April 2002, 14:05
the NEW zoom player just came out and has solved this problem :) HOORAY!