PDA

View Full Version : Automatic ScreenShot for chapters

divxdede
22nd April 2002, 13:06
Hi !!
I know that similar tools exist but it's for challenge me and improve my knowledge in proggraming !!

So i want to make a little prog that allow to read an avi file and take screenshot of predefined frames.

How must start this project ? how can i make that ?
you avisynth is a solution ?
can you help me about this project ?

So at the end, my wish is that this prog is be able to take screenshot directly to vob also !! this way for rip chapters you don't need to encode vidéo but only rip the vob into hard drive !!

Thanks in advance for all help !!

PS: my prog will be certainly write in C++ (VC++ 5.0)

gabest
22nd April 2002, 17:29
Using IMediaDet it is pretty easy. Explorer uses it for thumbnail preview too.

[Toff]
22nd April 2002, 18:24
Another way is to use VFW.
You can look at the source of MDVDP Menu Maker (File : Main.cpp, Methods : OpenAVI and ShowAVIFrame) available on my homepage.

divxdede
22nd April 2002, 19:13
Ok i had see DirectShow programming solution, it's seem to be not difficult, i will see your slution VFW !!

so a way for read a vob ? it's more difficult because i think that DirectShow is not able to read it !

Thanks for your help .

[Toff]
22nd April 2002, 21:53
DirectShow read VOB with the right codec (if you have a DVD player installed or the free DVD Filters available from Doom9 download page).
For avi you must use Avisynth (which can use itself directshow or DVD2AVI) or DVD2AVI with VFAPI.

divxdede
23rd April 2002, 07:12
Toff : Pourquoi ne pas utiliser DirectShow directement pour lire les frames de la vidéo ? Pourquoi passer par le serveur de frame AviSynth ? Bon faut que je continue de voir ca !! je vais regarder le code de ton appli également.

Merci.

[Toff]
23rd April 2002, 18:27
Don't forget this is an english forum ;-)

divxdede:
Why not using DirectShow directly to capture frame ? Why using AviSynth ? I will look at your code also.

If you use DirectShow don't use AviSynth.
It's if you want to use vfw that you use it.
This is 2 different methods.