PDA

View Full Version : pulldownGui problems

Theagg
21st April 2002, 22:21
Does this utility have a problem handling input files over a certain size ?

Having succesfully encoded a Divx avi file to m2v, all that is required is to do a pulldown on the resulting file prior to muxing and burning.

The small test sequences worked fine ( after much frustration and testing out filters in Avisynth to try and remove telecined artifacts, all it required it was setting even fields and full progressive in the pulldown advanced section )So with those settings entered, I tried to execute Pulldown on the full sized file. However, it hangs every time when the outputted "pulled" file reaches about 860mb in size. The encoded full length Unpulled file is 1.7Gb and seems to be ok from start to end.

So, another 10 or so hours to test wether or not a minor glitch is causing Pulldown to hang ? Or does anyone else have problems with using it on large input files ?

RadicalEd
21st April 2002, 23:12
eh..theres a gui for pulldown.exe?? I'm fine with cli but guis are good.. d'you have a link by any chance? (Sorry this isnt an answer ^^')

Theagg
21st April 2002, 23:43
Originally posted by RadicalEd
eh..theres a gui for pulldown.exe?? I'm fine with cli but guis are good.. d'you have a link by any chance? (Sorry this isnt an answer ^^')

One link can be found here, http://svcdguide.animeaddiction.net/PulldownGUI.zip

Ironically, I decided to try pulling the file down via command line anyway, ( safe started windows into a dos prompt ). This time it worked perfectly, although taking a lot longer to process. So I suspect either a bug in the GUI, or some issue with pulldown and Windows XP.