PDA

View Full Version : How do I put permanent subs that I CREATED to an MPEG or AVI?

SurfDrifter
17th April 2002, 19:58
I have created my OWN subtitles(didn't ripped them from a dvd or sth) with SubCreator and save it in .srt and .txt format..(No BMPs).. I was wondering how can i "embed" the subs permanently in the mpg/avi? Which tools should I use?
I'm a little bit newbie in this area... So tell me how should i save the subs in SubCreator, then (maybe?) convert to another system and then use a program that embeds subs?

Thanks

Lord Nero
17th April 2002, 22:04
I'm no master in subtitling for have experimentet a little by myself and they way I did it was to manually edit a .ssa file (that was a pain), and then I used virtualdub (or nandub) and the the subtitler filter to embed the subtitle and then do a full processing encode on the video.

Links:
www.virtualdub.org
www.nandub.org
http://virtualdub.org/virtualdub_filters (filter)

I saw that you can save the to .ssa files with SubCreator (that u used) rather then saving to .srt.. But I'm sure there's a way to do it with .srt files too, but this is what I know..

-Nero

Schultz
17th April 2002, 23:39
If you grab the latest version of VobSub you will have a new plugins for VirtualDub called textsub you can also use this file in Avisynth frameserving to put textbased subtitle files into the video.