PDA

View Full Version : DVD Software and TVOUT

ArcticFox
9th April 2002, 10:47
Right, ive got GeForce4 with TVOUT, im usin nvidias nView software, ive output to my telly, now when i load my dvd software up and shove it over to the telly its just a black screen with teh audio playing, when i bring it back to main monitor it plays,

Now im using Asus DVD 2000 (Power DVD) and it doesnt seem to like it, does anyone know of any DVD Playing software that supports tvout?

Zhnujm
9th April 2002, 20:35
the overlay only work on the primary display so try setting the tv as primary display. or enable only the tv-out, no monitor display. or use tvtool.

Antimon
18th April 2002, 08:49
I have a geforce 2 gts with tv out, from leadte...is it possible to output to tv and crt at same time...what software can i use cus right now it's one or the other and that totaly sucks....

Not to mention it's not full screen, it's liek in "safe title" display or somthing has abotu a .75" border on all 4 sides.

gooki
21st April 2002, 00:43
Antimon - tv tool should allow you to mirror your display and set your output to overscan (ie no black borders).

dobber2000
21st April 2002, 17:11
I have a nvidia geforce 2 card with tv out running s video cable from the pc to the tv.....and using tv tool to do the job which is less hassle than trying to do it through the nvidia properties tab. You can only view both screens tho if your monitor is capable of running at 50 mhz, thats the compromise... and you still get the black bars all round the picture , even on a widescreen tv i have to expand the picture but it still looks wierd.. and i also encode at 1:1 so that the image is larger to try to fill the screen.
Does anyone know how to get rid of the black bars?

Zhnujm
21st April 2002, 19:10
i think you have tried the "fullscreen" setting in tvtool ?

Beave
21st April 2002, 23:32
Use your Zoom-Feature from your TV if it has one. Once I was playing around a lot with TV-Tool, but finally found, that my TV can expand the picture very well.

dobber2000
22nd April 2002, 20:31
I tried the zoom on my TV and it does expand the picture, don't get me wrong the picture is watchable and good quality, but the black bars at the left and right i could do without.
but hey we can't have everything...thanks for the advice

Beave
22nd April 2002, 23:03
Well on my tv I can get the picture expanded on both sides. Vertical and horizontal.
Another go is TvTool with Zoom Player. Set TvTool on fullscreen and adjust one of the Presets in Zoom Player to fill your needs and then go to fullscreen with "Z" button. Works fine here with a Asus v7100 geforce 2 MX Card.

Antimon
26th April 2002, 03:43
WHere do i get tv tool? is it an nvidia add on or 3rd party software?

Beave
26th April 2002, 08:06
It's 3rd party from a german company.
http://www.tvtool.de http://www.tvtool.de (http://tvtool.info/index_e.htm )

dobber2000
26th April 2002, 21:06
Got the .avi to play in full screen by checking fullscreen in tv tool, wouldnt work earlier because i had the lower screen res, but after changing everythings cool. Full picture on 28" widescreen tv and looks superb.
I strongly recomend tv tool for anyone with an nvidia based graphics card as this tool is excelent and much less hassle than the nvidia one itself.
TV tool tho is only a demo from the site and only lasts for 10 mins , you have to pay for it to use it longer.

Sharro
29th April 2002, 15:48
Driver/Software free...Trust Televiewer base model and 1600 model.

Quality on image greatly surpasses Ati's Tvout or well tunned Nvidia tvout.

www.Trust.com/computer -> check under video products.

Take care.

Sharro

JayBee
30th April 2002, 20:35
ArcticFox I have the same problem as you. I have a GF4 Ti4600 whichdoes very nice TV-out. I can play divx no problem on the tv using BSPlayer and its dual monitor support, it rox bigtime. My problem is trying to watch dvd on the tv using another program as BSPlayer doesn't seem to play dvd. All the others don't seem to support dual monitor/tvout.
I have a Hollywood Plus card but no matter how much I tweak its settings I can't get a colour picture on the tvout. I am using S-video out to an S-video-SCART convertor into the rear of the TV. That is into SCART 1 is it possible SCART 2 will be the one that best supports S-video? It is a weird situation because I get a colour output through that SCART using the tv-out of the gfx card but not from the Hollywood+. Any ideas would be much appreciated.

TIA

Zhnujm
30th April 2002, 21:44
@JayBee:
only 1 of the 2 scart connectors supports svideo - if its not supportet the picture is b&w. you can use a composite cable instead.

JayBee
30th April 2002, 22:54
I did try switching to the other SCART but no joy there. What I don't understand is that I get colour from using the svideo cable from the TVout of the gfx card but not from the Hollywood+

My other problem is I can't find the svideo-composite convertor and don't know where I can get hold over a replacement. Once again, any ideas? :)