PDA

View Full Version : VobSub & TwinView

zeronegative
8th April 2002, 09:06
When opening a movie in Media Player (or any recent player ftm) I have my TwinView configured so that the movie is displayed in fullscreen on my second device (TV).

However, if the movie has subtitles and VobSub is loaded, the TwinView option doesn't work and the second device shows my desktop with the windowed option.

Suggestions?

Yusaku
12th April 2002, 08:17
try DVobSub 2.09 or lower - 2.10+ uses supposedly better VMR renderer, and it WOULD be really better if it would be supported by the cards....

Unfortunately, it does have problem with multi-displays (it haven't turned off DVDMax - matrox's version of twinview - for me, but it IS problematic, because now the video window must be shown on the main screen in order to be played on secondary - and it wasn't the case before)

the worst thing is, that the VMR renderer allows zooming, which would be extremely useful especially on multi-monitoring... :(

<edit>
apparetly, on 2.13 VMR is still used and works nicely, but the zooming tab disappeared (again, Gabest ^_^) - oh well, I'll treasure my 2.12 for video recording :)
</edit>

gabest
12th April 2002, 22:12
Putting the VMR into mixing mode disables full screen tvout (strangely it still works on the secondary video head), that's why I turned it off...

(With HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Gabest\DirectVobSub\General\VMRZoomEnabled = 1 you can turn it back on.)

Yusaku
12th April 2002, 22:44
Yes, I can confirm that turning it back on recreates most of the problems... :(

But anyway, something's still wrong - it will crash player when I enable it and try to go to VMR tab in config... so in the end I get just the bad effects, still no access to zooming :)