PDA

View Full Version : AVISynth output

ciler
22nd March 2002, 15:45
Hi guys,

Trying to use AVISynth scripts with AVIFile APIS for encoding, I'm getting strange results - I mean a 16 bit video.
So, I wonder if it is AVISynth that outputs 16 bit YUV or if it is a problem generated by YUY2 decoder (ATI's one, supposedly the decompressor is buggy).

What do you think about that ?

Acaila
22nd March 2002, 20:34
Are you encoding with DivX4?

Asmodian
22nd March 2002, 23:27
How do you know it is 16bit? Does it look like crap? I remember seeing 16bit color depth somewhere (think it was in the summary of the avi after doing properties on it in windows) but it was either lying or was the best looking 16bit color I have ever seen (I believe it was lying). Is this how you determined the color depth?

ciler
23rd March 2002, 17:49
Hello

Here is the situation, I'm trying to compress "directly" into DivX 4 using Video compressor device from Windows. But When the ICCompressorChoose Window popup, there isn't DivX Video Codec (which I assume is due to the fact that this codec only accepts 24 or 32 bit sources).

And when I try to compress it using, say good old 3.11, yes, it looks crap (which is the second reason that make me think it's 16 bit)

Asmodian
24th March 2002, 13:07
Err, I don't think avisynth is outputting 16 bit color if it getting 24 bit but... have you tried installing xvid or divx 5 to see if they appear as options? how does the avs look in vdub (or any other player)? the color being 16 bit would be noticeable there, I would think.

ciler
25th March 2002, 17:18
The AVS looks perfect in VDub. Only the compressed file made with DivX 3.11 and AVIFile APIs looks like crap (the same made with VDub looks perfect, but don't forget that VDub "forces" color depth).

Asmodian
27th March 2002, 07:13
If it looks perfict in virtual dub then avisynth must be out putting the 24 bit color, right? Can you get a good divx encode from vdub?
I guess if virtual dub forces the color depth that might mean avisynth is reporting the color as 16 bit but when it is actually 24 bit? (or your 'Video compressor device from Windows' assums 16 bit when it is 24 bit)
you are sure it is color depth problem and not just the low quality of a direct to divx 3.11 encode (I assume single pass and all...)?
Have you tried the huffyuv codec?

movmasty
27th March 2002, 10:11
avisynth owns also a convert to rgb command.......