PDA

View Full Version : Which Avisynth scipt to use for choppy anime?

Octagon
22nd March 2002, 03:06
:confused:
Hi Im using avisynth and Tmpeg. I used some scipt on my avs file to first use Decomb and Ivtc my anime. During a pan sequence it still gets choppy after I have created my mpeg2 and using the decomb. Should I use smart bob to fix the choppy Vertical panning or something else. . Also the Avisythn scipt would be nice as well. Thanks in advance.

Octagon
22nd March 2002, 08:00
The syntax im trying to use for Smart bob is this:

LoadPlugin("C:\vobfiles\decomb.dll")
AVISource("C:\vobfiles\dual1.avi")
telecide(post=false)
decimate(cycle=5)
Import("C:\vobfiles\vdfilters.avs")
clip=AVISource("C:\vobfiles\dual1.avi")
clip.SeparateFields
global VirtualDub_plugin_directory = "C:\vobfiles\Bob.vdf"
function VD_SmartBob(clip clip, bool "show_motion", int "threshold", bool "motion_map_denoising")
{
LoadVirtualdubPlugin(VirtualDub_plugin_directory+"\bob.vdf", "_VD_SmartBob", 1)
return clip.SeparateFields._VD_SmartBob(clip.GetParity()?1:0,
\ default(show_motion,false)?1:0, default(threshold,10),
\ default(motion_map_denoising,true)?1:0)
}

IT says The scripts return value was not a Video clip. My file is 12 min long. Its an open dml avi file I made with DVDx1.8a
Any help is apprcaited.

Kedirekin
22nd March 2002, 13:31
The panning might be (probably is) at 29.97 fps, thus IVTC (specifically decimate) is making it choppy.

You might get better results if you remove the decimate line and turn on the frame-blending mode in Telecide (can't remember the syntax - something like mode=2 - look in the docs).

Octagon
22nd March 2002, 19:28
YOU DA man. Thanks a bunch. I got it going real nice now. FInally my IVTC problems are over. I gotta thank Don. Graft for decomb and give him a donation now.