PDA

View Full Version : Xvid + VirtualDub, 2nd pass -> (error code -100)

LoBeX
16th March 2002, 21:02
I trued to use Xvid (tried 13.3 or 16.3) with VirtualDub in 2pass mode. Sourcedata comes from DVD2AVI VFcodec. When i do the 2 pass manual (Each saving manual started) everything is ok.

When i use the job table (F4) i get the following error in the start of the second pass:

"Video compression error: An unknown error occurred (may be corrupt data). (error code -100)"

This is with Windows98-se. With WinXP or NT all works fine. Is it a bug in VDub? The DivX codec works in Win98se very good! I tried VDub 1.4.8 and 1.4.9, nothing helps ... :-(

-h
17th March 2002, 01:20
Ouch! I'll try to replicate it at my end and get cvs patched..

-h

philippas
17th March 2002, 06:09
Check if you accidentally swapped the 1st pass with the 2nd pass in the job file and the 2nd pass starts first. I think i had seen a similar error message when the second pass couldn’t locate the stats file.

philippas
17th March 2002, 06:11
I just tried it and that's it. If the second pass can't find the stats file the error message that you get is triggered.

LoBeX
18th March 2002, 09:20
Seems that this error is raised by different causes.
I do use the same Virtualdub.jobs file for 98 and NT.
WinNT works, 98 gives the error-100 message. It cant be
the order of the jobs, or the files!!

I think there is some tricky problem in the combination
of Xvid with VDub and DVD2AVI-VFCodec.

- If i use a common avi-file all is OK.

- If i use a other codec (DivX) all is OK

- If i use NT / XP all is OK.

- If i use 98se with manual starting of each pass (and selecting the codec parameters between) all is OK.

The error happens if i use 98 with Xvid , VDub , DVD2AVI-VFCodec , Wav-Input in job mode on the second pass.

Maybe the setting of the codecparameters from the VDub to Xvid went wrong. I tried to load the .jobs part as coding-parameter and the error occures.

But why is it ok with NT/XP and other codecs like Divx? Is it a problem of VDub? Or VFCodec? I am totally confused :-(

-h
18th March 2002, 13:00
Little niggly things like this are hard to track down - I'll make vfw actually display meaningful error messages, instead of just returning ICERR_ERROR and leaving everyone confused.

-h

spyder
24th March 2002, 18:08
I had the same error messgae on Win98 SE and couldn't figure out why I kept getting it. I finally realized that when I was setting up XviD I never actually chose the stats file and it was trying to use an incomplete one that I didn't know was there. be careful about that. I don't know why I didn't think about it. I just wasn't use to this new GUI of the codec. It puts the stats file settings under advanced options not up front where they used to be.