PDA

View Full Version : How do I best set up Zoom Player for 16:9 TV ?

john blox
13th March 2002, 11:36
I'm a little confused here. Some divx's are in 4:3 some are in widescreen, some have black borders around them. Surely the program can identify the media and auto crop off black borders (like fairuse does) and by knowing that I have a 16:9 tv adjust the source accordingly so it is at the correct aspect ratio. SHould I be using zoom player to stretch vertically to account for the tv having streteched it horizontally?, if so by what factor.

Secondly some movies go out of sync for a while, is there no hotkeys to slide the audio back/forward in time (in realtime).

Zoom player seems to have a lot of options just not the ones for stuff like this, or is there a way.

Blight
13th March 2002, 15:00
There should be no audio sync issues unless you're having CPU issues (too weak) or installation issues.

If you're using DivX and the movies get out of sync, make sure you download the latest version of DivX and that the Quality Level isn't at the maximum setting (actually, setting it to maximum settings will blur movies, it's not recommended unless the video source is very blocky).

As for the aspect ratio. In most situation, setting to "Source Aspect Ratio" should work fine. But ... you may want to set a 4:3 and 16:9 preset manually so that you can better position different types of video.

You can use the resize navigator to position the video and read the ZP online documentation on the subject.