PDA

View Full Version : Problem with dual languages in oggĦ

serbersan
12th March 2002, 01:36
I have followed the everwicked guide about to make a bilingual movie, but I have a problem.

I have the same graph of graphedit (but without subtitles), and I have spanish and english as languages, all steps followed.

The problem is the final ogg, plays perfectly the first language spanish or english, doesn't matter but when I switch with the WMP 6.4 option of language to the second language I obtain some kind of underwater sound, impossible to understand.

It's curious because if I use right button--> properties, morgan switch, when I switch to the second language there isn't any sound, all silence, and when I click again then returns to the first language without any problem.

I've used lastest version of the ogg filter-> 0.9.6

BTW, if a ogg splitter tool will be released in the next days, why not to release(for everwicked or others) I guide to use ogg with ac3 sound??

Thanks

Bluedan
13th March 2002, 23:03
I am sorry for not being the one to solve the problem, but as you described the problem perfectly well, I encountered the exactly same difficulties. Don't know if it's playback related or the muxer couldn't handle multiple streams correctly.
I first thought my PC was to lame to do ogg decompression correctly (PIII 667MHz) with 2 audio streams...

Dr-Z
14th March 2002, 10:59
Afaik the morgan stream switcher is not built for ogg media streams, but for avi's?

Dr-Z

Bluedan
14th March 2002, 11:39
Shure, but if you've done multiplexing Ogg Vorbis in Graphedit following Doom's guide, you end up with an Ogg Media Stream with ".avi" extension although it is no AVI.
But playing back in WMP the Morgan Stream Switcher will be turned on.
That's why.
Btw, the desperate mind always tries unreasonable paths...

TobiasWaldvogel
15th March 2002, 13:17
Originally posted by serbersan
It's curious because if I use right button--> properties, morgan switch, when I switch to the second language there isn't any sound, all silence, and when I click again then returns to the first

DON'T USE THE MORGAN STREAM SWITCHER WITH THE OGG SPLITTER.

The functionality to switch the streams is already contained in the splitter and WMP gets confused if there is another filter in the graph which publishes the IAMStreamSelect interface.

- Deinstall the morgan stream switcher
- Use the menu "language" of WMP 6.4

Best regards,
Tobias

Bluedan
15th March 2002, 18:59
I already removed MSS, I don't use it anyway, because I don't watch my movies in WMP.
Back to the topic: the problem still remains the same: 2nd audio stream is unbearable - some kind of "alien voice transcoder" sound...

@sebersan: I'm interested in the quality parameters of your streams, because in this thread http://rilanparty.com/vbb/showthread.php?threadid=20245
someone encountered a problem with the Ogg multiplexer in Graphedit if used with 2 audio streams at different quality level - that's what I've come across, too.

Tobias, is this one cause with two aftermaths ? And where exactly is the technical obstacle in this ?

serbersan
15th March 2002, 19:56
Well, my parameters where:

Film: The Fast And The Furious
XviD encoded
first Audio Language: 115kbps
second Audio Language: 92kbps

Is this the information you want?

Bluedan
15th March 2002, 21:30
correct, so they have different quality parameters and so had mine.
I'm trying now with equal kbit encoding...
results soon...

Bluedan
16th March 2002, 19:05
with equal quality settings things work alright, I can switch easily between both streams in playback, but the resulting ogm has an excessive overhead which should not occur, rather the opposite: less overhead than with VBR-MP3.
cross-check:http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=20685
I admit I still use W98SE, hey people, it runs rock stable since months due to neat registry control...and I don't want to change a running...blahblah...

TobiasWaldvogel
19th March 2002, 01:23
My new release 0.9.8.7 should now be able to deal with different formats. Give it a try. (At least with Vorbis it works)

Best regards,
Tobias