PDA

View Full Version : Avisynth to do TMPGEnc-like import.

mc4_idea
10th March 2002, 20:26
I'm a bit of a noob when it comes to avisynth, so bear with me. I'm trying to convert a MPEG movie (29.97 FPS interlaced) to a lower bitrate MPEG file (a basic reencode). It works fine with TMPGEnc, but TMPGEnc is slow as heck.

Now if I try to use Avisynth I get all sorts of problems with combing and what not. I've tried the decomb fillers, but the motion looks very unnatural when it's completed (it's obviously throwing out the wrong frames).

What's a script I can use that will basicly import an MPEG into an application the same way TMPGEnc does. Certainly I should be able to reproduce the effect with Avisnyth, correct?

I just want no combing, still interlaced, no decimate. Possible or not? :confused:

12th March 2002, 15:35
Couple questions:

1. Is your movie really pure interlaced, or is it 3:2 pulldown telecined?

2. Are you re-encoding to MPEG1 or MPEG2?

These answers are needed to properly direct you.

mc4_idea
12th March 2002, 15:40
Originally posted by neuron2
Couple questions:

1. Is your movie really pure interlaced, or is it 3:2 pulldown telecined?

2. Are you re-encoding to MPEG1 or MPEG2?

These answers are needed to properly direct you.

1) interlaced

2) Mpeg2

Thanks!

12th March 2002, 19:11
Sorry, one more question... :)

Is the result intended for viewing on a PC (progressive display) or on a TV (interlaced display)?

mc4_idea
12th March 2002, 19:59
Originally posted by neuron2
Sorry, one more question... :)

Is the result intended for viewing on a PC (progressive display) or on a TV (interlaced display)?

TV

12th March 2002, 20:07
Since you are re-encoding to MPEG2 for viewing on a TV, you need to leave the clip interlaced (don't apply a deinterlacer or IVTC) and then use an encoder such as TMPEGE that supports interlaced encoding. Don't forget to actually enable interlaced encoding using the appropriate option. :) That will give you the best results.

Octagon
22nd March 2002, 07:53
Actually leaving it alone will not do it any good. I have tried that when making anime dvds and it does not work. Interlaced lines everywhere. Stutters etc. I got the field order correct as well and encoded as Interlace. Best thing to do is Ivtc with your filters Mr. Graft.:o