PDA

View Full Version : updating progs. in Gknot

ToMaSh
9th March 2002, 21:05
Gknot comes with several progs, meanwhile updates to several of those progs came out like Lame3.91 or vdub1.09 and I ask how do I integrate those new progs into Gknot?

MaTTeR
9th March 2002, 21:26
Have you read the docs? If you change any of the apps used with Gknot then you can't expect any support should you have problems.

I think you can find the Gknot folder you installed and then just replace the apps. Again it's your risk;)

jggimi
11th March 2002, 00:13
Doom9's guide recommends LAME 3.91, in order to take advantage of --alt-preset.

Cyco
11th March 2002, 12:55
Originally posted by ToMaSh
Gknot comes with several progs, meanwhile updates to several of those progs came out like Lame3.91 or vdub1.09 and I ask how do I integrate those new progs into Gknot?

I replaced Lame Encoder (now 3.91), Virtual Dub (1.4.9), Smartripper (2.41) and DivX (4.12) and GKnot still functions without any Problems.

Now I hope, that Wef will have time for updating GKnot for Divx5Pro in the future! :)

tiki4
12th March 2002, 10:48
I did the same. It works without any problems so far. On the other hand I must admit that I got into DivX 5 and XviD of course. I also experiment with the OggDS filters in the last weeks. So Gordian Knot again is just one step of many as I have to do the encoding in VirtualDub manually. But who knows... Maybe TheWEF is already working on DivX 5 support. I'm looking forward for the next version.
B.t.w. I like the --alt-preset VBR switches in LAME 3.91 very much.

CU,

tiki4

KoVaR
13th March 2002, 13:42
@Cyco

start GKnot
read what is written on the top of the Ripping section;)