PDA

View Full Version : DVD players & subtitles

eldarion
9th March 2002, 16:29
Hi,

Here is my problem. It is simmilar to the thread below mine. I have a *.mpg (MPEG-2) file ripped from DVD. I made my own subtitles, but I can only use them with MicroDVD. But when I want to watch it on TV with my tv-out card, it just isn't as good as when I watch it using PowerDVD or WinDVD. (it is slower, the screen flickers, colors are all wrong, and the brightness doesn't exist.) So I wanted to ask if there was any way or any program which enables you to make subtitles for powerDVD or WinDVD. Or if there was a program to just put subtitles OVER the players. Or if there was a program that incorporated the subtitles directly into the file.

Thanks in advance.:) :cool: :cool: :)

j_olson
9th March 2002, 19:16
There are subtitle players that could be used to only play the subtitles while another player plays the movie. I have tried that when I wanted two subtitles in different languages displayed. I'm not sure how that will be on TV-Out, though (if overlay is used, for instance). I used SubViewer 3.061.

eldarion
9th March 2002, 19:27
Can you please explain how you did that? I would appreciate it.

Kyo
9th March 2002, 20:55
microDvd not play correctly mpeg2, download the mp2decoder package in doom9 and try with another player bsplayer for example.

Fasola_Jan
10th March 2002, 10:52
Try this:

http://www.dvdsubber.com/

Bye.
Fasola