PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible to adjust the colour of embedded subtitles?

JimmyBarnes
9th March 2002, 09:55
By embedded I mean subtitles which have become permanently fixed in an AVI ie. not switchable.

I take it is, for all practical purposes, impossible to remove such, but may its possible to mask such - make them difficult to discern - by modifying their colour?

thanks
JB

Tornberry
10th March 2002, 04:58
I'm not sure if I understood you exactly, but if you use the "SubRip / SRT to SSA / Sub Station Alpha" method of creating subs, then you can configure the subs exactly how you want them while in Sub Station Alpha.

-Tornberry

JimmyBarnes
10th March 2002, 07:26
Originally posted by Tornberry
I'm not sure if I understood you exactly, but if you use the "SubRip / SRT to SSA / Sub Station Alpha" method of creating subs, then you can configure the subs exactly how you want them while in Sub Station Alpha.

-Tornberry

No, by embedded I mean:

I have downloaded an AVI from the Net.

I find it has subtitles (or similar text) actually "burned" into some of its frames i.e I do not have the choice as to whether I view the AVI with or without the subtitles - they are permanently present. However,(assuming I can't get rid of them completely), I would like to mask these and make them as unobtrusive as possible
Can I do this?

JB

Tornberry
10th March 2002, 15:29
Sorry, but it's not possible. The only option you have is to live with these subtitles. Once subtitles have been molded INTO the actual video (NOT the letter box in WMP), then they stay there for good, as they are part of the picture itself. Until the day comes when they come up with a way to make subtitles on an AVI a dynamic "vector", then you're stuck with this. :-/ Sorry.

-Tornberry