PDA

View Full Version : strange !! no sound with gknot !!

bsinda
9th March 2002, 04:14
Hi
i use the gknot and the gknot guide for all the divX i made , and it was pretty good !i tried 2 days ago with a new dvd to make a legal copy of "1492, christophe Colomb" and that's the prob :
after the dvd2avi processs i had no ac3 files but
a "1492 MPA T01 0 ms.mpa"(suppose it's track #1). it's a 204 Mo file .in the dvd2avi window i saw sound : "mpeg audio"
1) 1st i try it in the same way as usual (mp3 parameters engaged) but i saw in encoding process that azid has made a 0 Mo file and at the end no sound even the video was pretty good !
2) last time i tried with the "just mux option" but NO Sound !!!!
so what can i do, try it manually : try to mix it with nandub ? but it's a file format that doesn't appear in nandub audio menu !!

bsinda
10th March 2002, 16:38
seems no one is interesting !!
:(
what can i do for this mpa file ?? how can i convert it to mp3 so i can mix it with nandub !!!

MaTTeR
10th March 2002, 17:59
Well the problem could be Gknot is expecting an AC3 file instead of this MPA. Why not just use Gknot to encode your video and then mux the audio in manually later. Perhaps GraphEdit is what you need to mux the mpa with the video.

Strange this DVD you have doesn't contain an AC3 file:confused:

vorbis
11th March 2002, 00:45
strange, sounds like the audio file you get frm an svcd.
you could run it through winamp to make a wav file out of it. Go to preferences and change the wave device to nullsoft disk writer. Play the file and then change the filter back. You should be left with a wav file you can encode in gknot.

bsinda
11th March 2002, 09:20
thx for the tip but i had an unknown error !
here is the command line
C:\WINDOWS\Bureau\besweet\BeSweetGUIv0.5\BeSweetGUI.exe" -core( -input "C:\WINDOWS\Bureau\1492\1492 MPA T01 DELAY 0ms.mpa" -output "C:\WINDOWS\Bureau\1492\1432.mp3" ) -azid( -z1 -b1 -g max ) -lame( -b 128 )

i post this capture

bsinda
11th March 2002, 09:22
thx for the tip i try to convert my mpa in mp3 with besweet but i had an unknown error !
here is the command line
C:\WINDOWS\Bureau\besweet\BeSweetGUIv0.5\BeSweetGUI.exe" -core( -input "C:\WINDOWS\Bureau\1492\1492 MPA T01 DELAY 0ms.mpa" -output "C:\WINDOWS\Bureau\1492\1432.mp3" ) -azid( -z1 -b1 -g max ) -lame( -b 128 )

i post a capture in dvd2avi forum / a mpa file then no sound plz refer to it !!

bsinda
11th March 2002, 16:20
i just forgot the real besweet file !! i tried to use the besweetgui.exe in the command line ! what a silly guy i am !
now just another qustion :
i converted mpa to mp3 with this great tool ( Guys you're the best)BUT i lost in volume !! how much db can i put in the gain menu ???