PDA

View Full Version : re: unspecified error

beezle
4th March 2002, 20:38
I had converted an avi to vcd. During the middle of disc 2 of the vcd, the video became garbled and then the audio was out of synch the rest of the way through the movie. I went back to the original divx avi, and went to the location of the problem. As soon as I got to the exact spot, i got the following error:

VideoSourceAVI [ICDecompress] error: unspecified error (-100)

The error is fortunately in between frames and not directly coinciding with a frame. I isolated the bad video in between frames, and tried to reencode, but get a similar ICDecompress error. I have actually seent his before, and ended up just cutting the bad stuff out. However, for this particular movie, I would prefer to not cut it out. Is there anyway I can fix the problem. Is avi defreezer supposed to fix this type of problem. I tried it but the new output file still had the same problem. I am guessing that it will be impossible to fix the video garbling at this point, and I don't mind it that much anyway. Is there anyway to patch that location so that I can convert smooothly to vcd. Can anyone explin this error?