PDA

View Full Version : strip out subtitles from svcd

glimmerung
4th March 2002, 14:38
I've got an SVCD with subtitles that I want to strip out. Any way of doing this? It's already burned to disk so I'm a little stuck at this stage (I'm pretty much a newbie).

Pko
4th March 2002, 14:59
This will work only if the subtitles are switchable; if they are fixed in the image, they are part of the image and cannot be "taken out"

- download vcdeasy and tmpgenc
- extract the mpeg from the dvd with vcdxrip (look for it in vcdeasy "tools" tab)
- with tmgenc's "mpeg tools", demultiplex the audio and video stream from the bigger mpeg file you obtained
- with tmgenc's "mpeg tools", selecte "simple multiplex" and multiplex the audio and video streams as SVCD
- with your favourity SVCD tool (Nero or vcdeasy), create and burn a new svcd using the stream you just created

And so, you have a new SVCD with no subtitles... If audio and video are out of sync, it can be corrected but is much more complex. Ask if it is so...

glimmerung
4th March 2002, 17:22
Thanks for that. Very useful. I've got the tools you mention, so all I need to do now is check the subtitles to see if they are switchable.

glimmerung
4th March 2002, 17:51
Thanks for that. Very useful. I've got the tools you mention, so all I need to do now is check the subtitles to see if they are switchable.