PDA

View Full Version : play subs with sub player with svcd

indyhu
2nd March 2002, 03:29
hi!!!
i got svcd i done and now i find new subs how i play subs with the svcd in the computer???
i mean which program i play it witout burn the subs into the svcd again??
i really need help with this cause sub player for divx dont help {subviwer,submagic and other...}
and if someone know how to play mpeg2 in media player it can help cause the divx subplayers work with mediaplayer...
thnx :(

emilius256
2nd March 2002, 07:29
If you go in the download section of www.doom9.org you can find 2 filters (Fraunhofer and Elecard) that allow you to play mpeg2 stream with WMP.
I know you can select audio stream but i don't know if it works with subtitles too.

Bye.

j_olson
7th March 2002, 18:22
Yes, it's possible to use most players like BESTPlayer to view the movies and view the subtitles, those players also works with SVCD when Elecard/Fraunhofer is installed.

jonte
9th March 2002, 03:26
I have installed Fraunhofer's now but I can't get my SVCDs to play in wmp, or MicroDVD:( I'm using WinXP Professional, and all that happens when I try to open a SVCD in wmp is that my harddrive starts working overtime for 20 minutes or so.

Additionally... since I'm a newbie at this I have just about installed every codec and strange package I've seen sofar... could it be that I've installed one or two things too much?

j_olson
9th March 2002, 19:20
Originally posted by jonte
I have installed Fraunhofer's now but I can't get my SVCDs to play in wmp, or MicroDVD:( I'm using WinXP Professional, and all that happens when I try to open a SVCD in wmp is that my harddrive starts working overtime for 20 minutes or so.

Additionally... since I'm a newbie at this I have just about installed every codec and strange package I've seen sofar... could it be that I've installed one or two things too much?

It could very well be so, and Codecs are just like windows dll:s - you can't trust them... In the Tsunami Full Filter Pack I used there are some warnings that one filter/codec shouldn't be installed if some other is.