PDA

View Full Version : choosing the subtitles ya want

azurenights
28th February 2002, 15:30
My main question in relation to this subject is that I was wondering how you write a script to choose which particular subtitles you want to encode with the movie. There are many movies out there that have subtitles in more than one language such as spanish or portuguese. When you extract the *.ifo, *.sub and *.idx from a vob file, there is only one of each file for all the different languages. Is it possible to choose which particular language you want subtitled in avisynth?? or do I have to be stuck with the first one in the list??

secondly, is it possible to extract the *.ifo, *.sub and *.idx from a vob file other than using virtual dub????

thanks

azurenights
1st March 2002, 07:08
oops thought this post got deleted......

well any help from anyone at all/?????/

thanks

gabest
1st March 2002, 12:03
1. There is a dropdown combo box on the config dialog, you can choose the language you want there.
2. This config dialog is launchable from command line too (outside virtualdub): "rundll32 vobsub.dll,Configure".

azurenights
1st March 2002, 14:50
gabest could you give me an example avs script(s) one which uses english and the other which uses another language such as spanish?????? thanks heaps

gabest
1st March 2002, 15:28
The script would be the same. It is the idx file where the changes are. Look for the "langidx:" line and change the number manually if you can't do this from the config dialog :)