PDA

View Full Version : Creating Video_ts etc?

Wild_Bill
27th February 2002, 21:59
Hi All,

I have ripped a DVD using smart ripper 2.4(movie mode with streaming) and now have 6 x files vts_02_1.vob, xx_2 etc and the original vts_02_0.ifo I assume it copied from the disk. Playing the files with powere DVD shows all is well :) Is there any way to create the Video_ts.ifo etc so that I can put the film on DVDR. I have tried Ifoedit087 and it goes through the process but does not create the files. I have used Ifoedit087 in the past to create Video_ts.ifo / .bup and it seems to work if the ripping process has not been stripped in any way (hope this makes sense) i.e. file copy to HD rather than movie mode/stream processing.

I can only assume (pls correct me if I am wrong)that because the vob's are now different in size to the originals i.e. because streams have been removed, Ifoedit087 cannot create the video_ts.ifo etc.

Is there any tool or method to get around this?

I have just read the above and even I am a little confused :) lol.
Another simple explanation would be - If I have a 6Gb movie, stream process it down to fit on a DVDR (under 4.3Gb), how would I create the extra files needed that go in the VIDEO_TS folder in order for the file to self boot on a stand alone player etc?

Many thanks in advance for any help you can offer on this :)

Best Regards

Bill.

aleksander
28th February 2002, 08:12
This post is most likely to be in the IfoEdit forum, so moved...

Derrow
28th February 2002, 10:54
For that case IfoEdit should be THE tool for your needs.

It seems you did somthing wrong, when ripping with smartripper.
You must select to rip the '?? Other stream' too, otherwise your VOB files will be unvalid.

Wild_Bill
28th February 2002, 19:38
Hi Derrow,

I think it does not work because the .vobs are different in size to what the original.ifo is looking for. Another quick question, is there any way to create the video_ts and the movie.ifo for the movies if you only have the .vobs i.e if you have 6 x .vobs which is all of the movies that works is there any way to create al the necessary files that go in a VIDEO_TS folder to make it self boot on a stand alone player?

Many thanks in advance for your help :)

Best Regards

Bill

Wild_Bill
28th February 2002, 20:49
Hi Derrow,

Ignore my last I have now sorted it :)
In your earlier reply you stated "You must select to rip the '?? Other stream' too, otherwise your VOB files will be unvalid."
This is the BIG part of the jigsaw I have been missing for months and have struggled with many titles because I was not aware of the ?? other stream option which invalidates the .ifo.

All I can say is a BIG THANK YOU - you have made me so happy and have filled the grey matter with the info I needed to make life MUCH easier in the future ;)

THANKS for the reply and well done on a great tool :) :) :)

Best Regards

Bill.