PDA

View Full Version : OGG subtitle filter vs. DVobSub

Mikele
26th February 2002, 08:49
I already don't like all this OGG stuff, but now that I've seen how its subtitle filter makes DVobSub "disappear" I like it even less. The thing is that when this filter is registered, the automatic loading version of DVobSub doesn't load. You get the stupid OGG subtitle filter inserted in every DirectShow graph.

gabest
26th February 2002, 09:04
Fortunately, you can decide which one to install. Of course I could do dirty tricks too... :)

Mikele
26th February 2002, 09:26
I bet you could. This is war man, dirty tricks are allowed :-)

philippas
10th March 2002, 00:42
I've tried to use DVobSub with ogm files but i also can't get it to work. How can i change this ?

Mikele
10th March 2002, 01:53
I just uninstalled OGG Subtitle filter and DVobSub came back to life. If it doesn't work at all, you could try rendering your file with Graphedit to see how the graph is built.

philippas
10th March 2002, 04:03
I haven't installed the ogg subtitle filter. Before i multiplex the video(avi)to ogm the subs show up normally but after the multiplexing i get nothing.

Mikele
10th March 2002, 04:30
Have you tried rendering the file within Graphedit? Does DVobSub insert itself into the graph?

philippas
10th March 2002, 20:07
Yes i can see DVobSub in the graph but unless you move the slider the file doesn't start playing and even then the subs are not displayed on the screen.

Mikele
10th March 2002, 23:22
You're right. I hadn't tried that before, but I added the subtitles from another movie to a Divx5/Vorbis rip that I downloaded and DVobSub loads but there are no subtitles at all. Hey Gabest, I hope you're reading this thread. I hate OGG even more, all it does it to mess everything up.

gabest
10th March 2002, 23:43
Originally posted by Mikele
You're right. I hadn't tried that before, but I added the subtitles from another movie to a Divx5/Vorbis rip that I downloaded and DVobSub loads but there are no subtitles at all. Hey Gabest, I hope you're reading this thread. I hate OGG even more, all it does it to mess everything up. I'm here :) How did you add the subs, did you mux them into ogm? Because that won't work with dvobsub.

Mikele
10th March 2002, 23:59
I just added the usual .idx/.ifo/.sub(rar) next to the OGM renamed to AVI. The auto-loading version of DVobSub loads, it recognizes the different languages, it resizes the picture to 4:3, but there are no subtitles.

gabest
11th March 2002, 00:34
Are you sure it isn't because of the seeking problem? You just can't see any subs because there aren't any at the beginning, I guess.

Mikele
11th March 2002, 02:13
Yes, it has something to do with seeking. I was trying with VOB subtitles but now I tried with this sample SRT:

00:00:10,000 --> 00:00:15,000
0:00:10 to 0:00:15

01:00:00,000 --> 01:00:15,000
1:00:00 to 1:00:15

It is ok when it starts, but if you seek to any place in the movie and wait 10 seconds, subtitle 1 appears. It looks like the time counter is reset after a seek. So, of course, everything is a mess. Once again, I hate OGG :)

mtrooper
12th March 2002, 12:24
Same happens for me...Probably Ogg filters aren't 100% to DirectShow standards? (I'm just guessing, don't know much about DirectShow programming)

gabest
12th March 2002, 17:46
Microsoft DirectX 8.1 (C++)
IPin::NewSegment
The NewSegment method notifies the pin that media samples received after this call are grouped as a segment, with a common start time, stop time, and rate.

Remarks

A source filter (or parser filter) calls this method at the start of each new stream and after each seek operation. It calls the method on the input pin of the downstream filter, after delivering the previous batch of data and before calling IMemInputPin::Receive with any new data. The downstream filter propagates the NewSegment call downstream.

That thing in red is missing from the parser filter. Even tried with the most simple sample filters of DXSDK appending after ogm parser directly. But let just wait till it gets fixed. I'm sure it will be some day.

Mikele
12th March 2002, 22:55
Thanks, the bug is perfectly clear now. I hope the programmers are aware of it.

Pasqui
12th March 2002, 23:11
There should not be any more sync issue with next release of Tobias's filters, as I have a test version which solves the problem.

Pasqui.

emilius256
13th March 2002, 22:49
@Pasqui
Where did you get this test version ?

I'm just waiting a new version of Ogg filter compatible with Dvobsub to start using Ogg audio.

Thx
bye.

Canuck
14th March 2002, 00:37
So what actually causes the seeking problem, OGG filter or DirectVobSub?
Thanks

Pasqui
14th March 2002, 07:17
The seek problem was due to a bug in Ogg filter which was not compliant with DirectShow standard.

nek
14th March 2002, 21:44
Originally posted by Pasqui
The seek problem was due to a bug in Ogg filter which was not compliant with DirectShow standard.

yeah but only fixed in test version... when will this corrected version be released ?

or where is it available ?

BTW, i reinstalled oggDS 0.9.8.2 and i have no problem with dvobsub !
seems it was broken since this version ;)

will use it till the test version is out.

regards

Canuck
14th March 2002, 22:41
Where can you get that old version?

nek
14th March 2002, 22:59
it was somewhere on my hard drives, don't know if it's downloadable from any site now.

Canuck
14th March 2002, 23:14
It seems like almost all the websites only keep the latest version, even the official website. :(
Could you please upload to somewhere? I need that to watch The Others.
Thanks

balance07
18th March 2002, 05:22
how so u uninstall the ogg subtitle filter?

nek
18th March 2002, 10:31
start / settings / control panel / add/remove programs ;)

Mikele
18th March 2002, 11:11
@balance07: In my case I had to run SubtitDSUninstall.exe (something like that) from my system32 folder because it didn't appear in the uninstall list.

nek
18th March 2002, 11:57
you can also run regsvr32 /u SubtitDS.ax (or .dll ? i can't remember the extension) to unregister the directshow filter

cu

nek
19th March 2002, 22:51
the new oggDS is out, it fixes the vobsub problem, and is also optimized (i had some hangs with scene at very high bitrate ( > 4000 kbits)

wonderful :)

bruno68
20th March 2002, 19:07
Hello ,

I installed the new version of the ogg subtitle filter, because with the older version I could not get any subtitles on the movie, even I followed the manual.

Now when I insert some subtitles files it gives me this error in the wellknown "this prg has performed an illegal operation and will be shut down."

"GRAPHEDT caused a divide error in module SUBTITDS.AX at 017f:1000b84f."

Can somebody explain me the reason.

Thanks,

Bruno