PDA

View Full Version : .OGM movie works but sometimes video sluggish (DivX4 + 2 vorbis tracks)

unplugged
24th February 2002, 19:31
I'm using Tobias great filters and all works well but recent movies created from 0.9.8.3 suffers of stuttering (not for audio, I mean video), the playback sometimes during vision became sluggish and after 10 seconds return perfecly fluent.

I'm not using subtitles and the problem persist also with only one vorbis track and with recent OggDS versions.
(I have this movies files on my HD)

**** The "random sluggish" playback do not happen for OGG movies with VBR MP3 audio mux. ****

seem some seeking problem derived from vorbis track.
(i have encoded vorbis tracks with standard RC3 oggenc util)

I have a decent PC system
Athlon 1000 - 266 FSB
Hercules GeForceMX 183 CPU-MEM
IBM 60GXP :scared:
Epox EP-8KHA+ :D 266 Mhz FSB board
512 Mb Apacer DDR memory Cas Latency 2
BIOS config. max speed
(perfect stability)

My system with avisynth+virtualdub encodes 720x432 videos in YUV mode at ~23 frames per second
so, I cannot think sluggish playback is due to machine poor performance...

unplugged
24th February 2002, 21:28
If my post isn't clear
please, please reply

I can explain again:

My .OGM movies (DivX + vorbis) during playback *sometimes* (and always at first launch) for 5-10 seconds suffer by a strange slow-down...
subsequently the movie goes fluent :confused:. bah....
Audio still plays well but video goes very slow (at end of this glitch it accelerate!).

is it possible that anyone hasn't these *random* slow-downs?!?!? :(

(WinXP Pro 1024x768x32)

MaTTeR
25th February 2002, 05:58
This might not be much help but you could try to use Direct Sound instead of Wave Out in the player.

What player are you using? So far I've found PowerDivx and BSplayer(build479) to work best. You could also try the new ZoomPlayer 2.5b2

canadian_fbi
25th February 2002, 06:26
yes actually, i noticed this problem with the 0.9.8.4 oggds filters. basically, for about two seconds the video playback slowed down, and then sped up to catch back up again. i have an athlon xp 1700+ system so speed is not an issue, and i was running it off my hard drive (it happened on the cd too). i tested the pre-muxing video and it didn't have the problem there, so it's definitely an ogg issue.

i noticed it using wmp8, and i think bsplayer as well, though i'm not 100% sure on that. it was definitely a noticeable issue though.

unplugged
25th February 2002, 09:58
Originally posted by canadian_fbi
yes actually, i noticed this problem with the 0.9.8.4 oggds filters. basically, for about two seconds the video playback slowed down, and then sped up to catch back up again. i have an athlon xp 1700+ system so speed is not an issue, and i was running it off my hard drive (it happened on the cd too). i tested the pre-muxing video and it didn't have the problem there, so it's definitely an ogg issue.

i noticed it using wmp8, and i think bsplayer as well, though i'm not 100% sure on that. it was definitely a noticeable issue though.

Yes, same thing for me
I'm using Windows Media Player 6.4 or Zoom Player 2.50 beta 3,
Also trying WMP 8.0 or BSPlayer hasn't solved my problem.
Muxing the same DivX with VBR MP3 (in OGG container) solved the problem (perfect play in all media players).