PDA

View Full Version : Muxing audio & video

mars
24th February 2002, 15:31
I have ripped The Matrix into a DivX 4 avi file. The picture quality is excellent, but I have no sound. I then ripped a VBR 112 -> 128Kb Lame mp3 file which plays perfectly in Winamp.

My problem comes when I combine them. The video still plays fine, but the audio jumps around and some sound clips repeat themself.

I am using Nandub v1.4d with the following settings:
Video -> Direct stream copy
Audio -> (VBR) MP3 audio & Direct Stream Copy. Interleave is set to Preload 500ms every 2 frames, with a delay of -80ms.

Can anyone tell me how to fix this?

Thanx

jggimi
24th February 2002, 17:58
It "sounds" like you are trying to use "The Playa".. Don't. It doesn't support vbr or abr mp3.

mars
24th February 2002, 18:51
I tried Windows Media Player 8, but I've got another problem.

At high-action scenes cetain sections are repeated 2 to 3 times. The video keeps jumping back, while my audio carries on running, so by the end of the movie my audio is about 3 minutes ahead of the video.

I then checked the VOB files (ripped with SmartRipper) and the video does the same. I tried ripping it again, but no luck.

Any help?

Thanx

DigitalWookie
26th February 2002, 21:39
I had a similar problem at first, then realized I was not turning off the "compressability check" before encoding. Not that you did that, just throwing out possibilities...