PDA

View Full Version : Help with editing the subtitle text

Nadir
15th February 2002, 06:23
Hopefully this is a matter of RTFM but here it goes. I am ripping DVDs using Gordian Knot and using hard coded subtitles. I want be able to edit the subtitle text (correct spelling and incorrect translations). Using VobSub I can convert the subtitle file to a text file but I can't convert the subtitle file back to format usable by VobSub in Nandub. Maybe I'm doing something wrong. Please help

Yusaku
15th February 2002, 10:42
You can't. You'll have to convert it to SSA and use VirtualDub's Subtitler plugin for this.

Look up srt2ssa and history of this forum. You'll need to load virtualdub filter in AviSynth though, which means RGB colorspace, so it will slow the encoding down a bit

lcask
15th February 2002, 15:48
Originally posted by Yusaku
You can't. You'll have to convert it to SSA and use VirtualDub's Subtitler plugin for this.

Look up srt2ssa and history of this forum. You'll need to load virtualdub filter in AviSynth though, which means RGB colorspace, so it will slow the encoding down a bit

I tried your guide but no success in Avisynth script..

Better use VirtualDub and its Subtitler plugin in frameserving VFAPI .avi to TMPGEnc...