PDA

View Full Version : can't decode 7.1-dtshd into 7.1-wav

Habanero2
5th April 2014, 18:51
hi,

i've tried to convert a 7.1-dtshd (ma) to 7.1-wav to create a 7.1-aac in the next step. i donÄt have any problems to encode 7.1-dts-hra into 7.1-wav, but i doesn't work with dts-ma. arc soft decoder is installed and works fine (eac3to -test). i don't know what eac3to is doing, i can see the command line running very fast in the cmd window, but there is no output and no log file (-log="log.txt"). this is the command line i use: eac3to input.dtshd output.wav -log="log.txt". whats wrong? is there no dts-ma support by arcsoft audio decoder?

i also tried to decode the stream in avisynth using a filter graph (created with graphstudio): i used lav splitter source + lav audio decoder. dtsdecoderdll.dll is stored in lav folder. when i open the avs in virtualdub audio is only 5.1, not 7.1.

whats wrong?

habanero

edit
it seems that the problem exists, when i use environment variable in windows. it works when i locate eac3to.exe with the full path. there are no problem swith all the other functions.

tebasuna51
6th April 2014, 00:49
This command line:
eac3to input.dtshd output.wav -log="log.txt"

Is correct if is executed in a folder with eac3to.exe and a input.dtshd file.
And must have some output in the command window or log.txt.

Habanero2
6th April 2014, 07:17
this cl works, when i encode a non-7.1-file (i use environment variable), but not when i encode some 7.1-dtsma-files. there is no output and no log file when encoding 7.1-files.

tebasuna51
6th April 2014, 09:15
No problem here with 5.1 or 7.1, maybe corrupt files?

Habanero2
6th April 2014, 09:40
the file is ok. it works when i use a command line like

"c:\folder\folder\eac3to.exe" input.dts output.wav

but not when i use something like

eac3to input.dts output.wav

as i've written above i use environment variables, the second cl should work - but it doesn't. the second cl works fine for non-7.1-files.

at the moment, the only way to encode 7.1-dts is to use the full path to eac3to.exe in command line or batch file.