PDA

View Full Version : CDex remote database

Monty11
10th November 2013, 07:15
I am ripping two audio books (each on four CDs) using CDex 1.70 beta 4. On Computer 1, CDex automatically fills in the the album details as soon as I load a CD (but searches on CDDB and MusicBrainz say "No CD" in CDex, and the albums are not listed online at freeDB.org). On Computer 2, CDex does *not* fill in the album information (and CDDB and MusicBrainz say "No CD"), but CDex on Computer 2 successfully downloads album information for CDs are listed in freedb. I have entered the same email adress in the CDex Remote freedb settings on both computers; both computers are Windows 7.

(1) Where is CDex v1.70b4 on Computer 1 getting the information (it is *not* from freeDB or MusicBrainz)?

(2) Why does CDex v1.70b4 on Computer 2 not get that information?

therube
10th November 2013, 15:21
1) perhaps you have that stored locally?
See what Options | Settings | CD Database | Local... shows. See if that tree exists, on your HDD, & if your CD is located there.

2) perhaps a firewall issue?
Have you tried both server options given?
Possible that given the age of CDex, the parameters used in sending its request to the CDDB are no longer valid?

> I have entered the same email adress

It's been a LONG time now since I've ripped, but at the time, I don't recall actually needing to supply an email, even if the option was afforded. Maybe that has changed?