PDA

View Full Version : remote control vobsub?

kagoru
13th February 2002, 22:55
Is there any way to use dvobsub with a remote (means: are there shortcuts to switch the subtitle langugage and turn it off)?

TIA.

Yusaku
15th February 2002, 00:10
AFAIK no, but this could be a good idea, Gabest:

Just add a few user messages to the "arrow" window handler; and it would be possible to use bRemote's scripting capabilities to send control-messages to DVobSub's window.

I don't know if other remote control packages are this advanced as well; but at least this implementation should take less than 20 lines of source code :)

Oh, and when you'll be adding stuff to the message queue handling: Can you take care of WM_SCREENSAVER or how is the bloody message called? (don't have MSDN on this comp) I don't know about single person who would like to watch screensavers instead of his favorite movie.

gabest
15th February 2002, 16:00
Originally posted by Yusaku
Just add a few user messages to the "arrow" window handler; and it would be possible to use bRemote's scripting capabilities to send control-messages to DVobSub's window.Ok, I'll try this. (Off: Anybody knows why borg 2.01 is causing problems on my windows xp?)Oh, and when you'll be adding stuff to the message queue handling: Can you take care of WM_SCREENSAVER or how is the bloody message called? (don't have MSDN on this comp) I don't know about single person who would like to watch screensavers instead of his favorite movie. I searched msdn for anything about disabling the screensaver but couldn't find the solution. Any ideas?

Yusaku
23rd February 2002, 11:32
I have complete implementation lying somewhere on my harddrive, but since I'm now some 2000km off from home.... I'll send it ASAP. If you can't wait, go to http://hene.gamedev.net (hope I wrote this one correctly) and download windows OpenGL framework. The screensaver bugoff code is from there.

And for bRemote: Are you using interrupt handling? If you are, DON'T. At least on my comp it is working really badly, but timer is perfect on XPs.

Using AverMedia TV Capture98/wVCR

(edited to correct massive amount of mispsels...)

gabest
23rd February 2002, 12:27
Originally posted by Yusaku
I have complete implementation lying somewhere on my harddrive, but since I'm now some 2000km off from home.... I'll send it ASAP. If you can't wait, go to http://hene.gamedev.net (hope I wrote this one correctly) and download windows OpenGL freamework. The screensaver bugoff code is from there.Thanks, I found it and it wasn't hard to implement at all :)And for bRemote: Are you using interrupt handling? If you, DON'T. At least on my comp it is working really badly, but timer is perfect on XPs.I meant btv 2.01 itself. After running it for a few minutes, other apps crash and the filesystem gets corrupted. I also tried it on a clean installation of XP and it was the same.

Yusaku
23rd February 2002, 12:30
Wow - don't scare me like this! It is true that recently XPs crashed registry on me and I had to reinstall from scratch... it was because of bRemote?!?!?! Damn, I'm not installing it again :(((((

gabest
23rd February 2002, 12:33
v1.1 works just fine for me.

Mikele
25th February 2002, 10:01
bRemote installs a driver... Any program that needs a driver to work is evil. Why don't you guys use Girder? I don't know if bRemote is more powerful, but Girder is great. IRAssistant is a good one too.

BTW: Gabest, I asked Blight (author of Zoom Player) to set up a shortcut to cycle between all available DVobSub streams (in order to map that function to a remote control) and he said that when he tried that it made the player crash. Maybe you could add some hotkeys to DVobSub itself?

gabest
25th February 2002, 11:31
Originally posted by Mikele
bRemote installs a driver... Any program that needs a driver to work is evil. Why don't you guys use Girder? I don't know if bRemote is more powerful, but Girder is great. IRAssistant is a good one too.Never heard of Girder. I like bRemote because it can also handle IR devices mounted on the tuner card.BTW: Gabest, I asked Blight (author of Zoom Player) to set up a shortcut to cycle between all available DVobSub streams (in order to map that function to a remote control) and he said that when he tried that it made the player crash. Maybe you could add some hotkeys to DVobSub itself? Yeah... I suspect that the delphi translation of the C++ interface definition is failing somewhere, but who knows...

Roger
25th February 2002, 12:03
Originally posted by gabest
Never heard of Girder.
Look at www.girder.nl - I use it with home-made IR receiver (cost me about $2 (and another $15 for remote controler, ehm :) )). It can use many TV remotes, try it.

kagoru
25th February 2002, 22:50
Girder is pretty cool. In fact I can make a vobsub-subtitle display by recording the messages sent to a certain divx-player. What I want though is a hotkey that enables the first subtitle when pressed the first time, then enables the second, etc. , and finally disables any subtitle. I don't think you can do that with girder, can you? Because you would need to count all the subtitles there are first of all.