PDA

View Full Version : vobsub ocr bug

yuinfo
13th February 2002, 17:43
Movie is Abyss, subtitle stream is second english substream (director's comments).
Strange thing happens, OCR engine can't separate lines correctly. See image bellow:
http://calypso.spaceports.com/~drdgtl/misc/ocr.jpg
Can this be fixed?
(comment: This board adds one space character to the end of the URL, you have to copy/paste it to new window, sorry.)

gabest
14th February 2002, 05:08
Could you save that part in vobsub format and send me in email?

yuinfo
14th February 2002, 12:40

Done.

Pirks
14th July 2002, 22:41
Originally posted by gabest

Hello Gabest!

Could you please look at my problem too? I can't rip subtitles for The Abyss Special Edition properly. This is a seamless branching DVD, so VobSub 2.16 can't set timecode for certain cells properly. Some cells start with time relative to the start of the cell (i.e. close to zero) and some start with timecode relative to the start of the movie. In the attached zip there are two idx and sub files, for the second and third cells in the movie, plus original IFO file from The Abyss DVD. The second cell starts with time code 1 min 14 sec, but it's 33 sec long! This timecode is relative to the start of the movie, the first line there is spoken indeed 1 min 14 sec after the movie starts, _not_ after the cell starts! (Its tmecode should be 17 seconds after the cell starts) The third cell has correct timecode, its starts with almost zero.

If you could fix that bug, I'd be able to choose proper cells from the VOB set manually and rip subtitles only for the movie version I want. I can give you VOB file I ripped those subs from, it's "only" 1GB :) I have 10 mbit connection to the net, so that's only a couple of hours to send you this VOB. Please let me know if you need any additional info, and thank you very much for the best subtitle ripper in Solar system ;)

Pirks
14th July 2002, 22:51
Originally posted by Pirks

In the attached zip there are two idx and sub files, for the second and third cells in the movie, plus original IFO file from The Abyss DVD.

Err.. seems like attaching zip wouldn't work... well, I can email you that zip (plus URL to the VOB) if you're not very busy. Waiting for your reply for now.