PDA

View Full Version : delay

madenron
11th February 2002, 23:13
SmartRipper is able to generate a d2v project.
Why this one has different size of the one created by dvd2avi?
If you let SmartRipper to demux the ac3 does it display the necessary delay that dvd2avi does?
By the way why dvd2avi doesn't say the delay when you decode to wav? Does this mean that the final avi won't need any?

diji1
12th February 2002, 05:40
Hi,

This possibly has been fixed but the .d2v file generated by smartripper was corrupted in a number of ways meaning you should use the one generated by dvd2avi instead as a matter of course - just delete the other one.

The ac3 filename demuxed by smartripper does display the delay.

By the way why dvd2avi doesn't say the delay when you decode to wav? Does this mean that the final avi won't need any?

I'm *pretty* sure that you would - though i haven't done it so take that as to be confirmed. If you demux an ac3 track form vobs using dvd2avi you still need to process audio files with delay as per normal when u mux.

madenron
12th February 2002, 14:20
I'm *pretty* sure that you would - though i haven't done it so take that as to be confirmed. If you demux an ac3 track from vobs using dvd2avi you still need to process audio files with delay as per normal when u mux.

My final question was not when you demux to ac3 but when you decode to wav as the filename of the wav doesn't display the delay of the -80ms that would be displayed when I demux to ac3.