PDA

View Full Version : ATI Rage 128 PRO VIVO finally works!

harry
9th February 2002, 11:15
After I think 30 attempts within the last year, trying all kind of drivers and patches and and and... What was wrong?

I think itīs just because of ATI. They produce good hardware, but their software is years behind.

I had trouble with all ever discussed patterns of the macrovision. In MMC 7.1 I could not set the timer. Recording more than 10 minutes made it impossible to stop recording and save the vid. It was all rubbish and not to use.

Solution: MMC 7.5 !!!

NOW everything works fine, even the PAUSE button while recording.
Thanks ATI, but a little late I think. What I canīt understand is, that MMC 7.5 is not available at ATI.com. Are they too shy to serve a working software??

I believe Iīm not the only one who had trouble with this card. My advice: Try to find MMC 7.5 and follow the instructions given during install!!

CU

sumptor
9th February 2002, 22:08
Also have the same card but running on a Win98 machine. I had to revert back to an older version of the drivers to the card working properly. I believe I'm using version 6263 with MMC 6.3.

I tried MMC 7.1 but it gave me all sorts of problems. I may give 7.5 a try.

cofferscuffs
9th February 2002, 22:12
The version of MMC 7.5 that has been floating around is a rip of the CD from the AIW Radeon 8500.

You may want to try the MMC 7.5 Reg Tweaker, which Stinky from www.vcdhelp.com and I have been working on. It allows for complaitent PAL/NTSC VCD & SVCD captures in MMC 7.5 and much more!! Get it from: http://stinky.dosrules.com.