PDA

View Full Version : how to synchronise video to audio

vrpatilisl
14th February 2012, 16:45
Hi
i passthru Dvd to mkv both audio and video, but there is audio not matching to video. I want to permenantly synchronise audio to video(not during only playback),without encoding the video.Which is simplest way

poisondeathray
14th February 2012, 18:27
How did you convert DVD to MKV ? Maybe there is a problem with your method ?

Is it a constant sync issue (e.g. 500ms all the way through)? or progressively worsening ?

If it's the former, then you can mux with an A/V delay e.g. -500ms (or whatever the delay value is)

vrpatilisl
15th February 2012, 04:35
is there any method to find how much delay in that audio,cause i dont know how much it is, i seen whole movie with delaying audio in vlc i can't find it.

manono
15th February 2012, 10:02
I use MPC-HT to play it. The +/- sign on the keyboard adjusts the delay in 10ms increments. Once fixed remember the value it shows and set that same delay permanently when remuxing.

mvBarracuda
15th February 2012, 19:20
That's how I approach it as well and this method is the easiest IMHO. You'll get the hang of it once you corrected the sync of a couple of videos this way.

hello_hello
16th February 2012, 15:46
I've used DVD Shrink to save DVD video as a single vob file, or episodes as individual vob files etc, and then remuxed them as MKVs on many occasions, and I've never had a problem with the audio sync as a result.

If vrpatilisl decides to answer the question as to how he's converting the DVD to MKV, or explains what "passthru Dvd to mkv" means etc, it might be possible to work out why there's an audio sync problem in the first place.

alfixdvd
18th February 2012, 08:24
PgcDemux can tell you the delay of A/V on the DVD if it exists.

Load the IFO file and click on the Check A/V delay button.

If the delay it is less then 80ms, correction is not needed since it is invaluable, else you must bear it in mind in the conversion and correct it

vrpatilisl
20th February 2012, 11:46
I use nice software "HYBRID"by selur de(also doom9 member) to passthru video and also audio. Other like Makemkv also can be used.