PDA

View Full Version : Blood The Last Vampire Subtitle Problem

theoneyouknowleast
8th February 2002, 16:30
Im trying to make a back up of blood, but I've run into an issue with the subs.

The movie is mostly english with the occasional japanese dialog. This were my problem occurs.

When you watch the DVD subs only appear when non-english is spoken.

My method is this.

Smartripper
DVD2avi
vfapi
Nandub
VobSub 1.54 filter to burn-in the subs
(i use this version of vobsub, because for some damn reason I can't get the newer ones to work on virtual dub. the filter fails to load)

When VobSub has does its work I have 2 options when it comes to choose the language and I get 2 english options. one called "English (empty)" and the other "English"

The 1st one displays no subs at all, and the other displays subs all through the movie.

In Windvd the names of the subs are "English (caption with normal size character) and "English".

Can anyone help me out, by telling what im doing wrong or what im missing ?

gabest
8th February 2002, 21:07
Originally posted by theoneyouknowleast
The movie is mostly english with the occasional japanese dialog. This were my problem occurs.

When you watch the DVD subs only appear when non-english is spoken.Try v2.09 which can display only the forced subtitles.VobSub 1.54 filter to burn-in the subs
(i use this version of vobsub, because for some damn reason I can't get the newer ones to work on virtual dub. the filter fails to load)Are you still using win98 or something earlier? If that's the case, you should update mfc42.dll to a newer version.

theoneyouknowleast
8th February 2002, 21:10
im using windows 2000

to get previous verions working, I took vobsub.dll renamed it to a .vdf file, and it loaded, with the rest it just won't load.

im assuming thats the correct procedure

gabest
8th February 2002, 21:31
Originally posted by theoneyouknowleast
im using windows 2000

to get previous verions working, I took vobsub.dll renamed it to a .vdf file, and it loaded, with the rest it just won't load.

im assuming thats the correct procedure

Eh, no. "correct procedure" would be to select VD's folder during the installation and let vobsub_vd.vdf to be copied into the plugins folder.

theoneyouknowleast
9th February 2002, 09:37
I noticed that when I actually lookded at the install option, instead of justy hitting next. thanx

EuGeNiLe
10th February 2002, 00:33
i dont know about that movie but i thought the only subs that appear in that entire movie are the ones that show up wen japanese dialog is spoken.. other than that no other subtitles appear.. so maybe its not ur problem..its just how the dvd is..

ive made a dvd to svcd conversion of this title.. and thats how it is..

theoneyouknowleast
11th February 2002, 15:01
yes thats the way the movie is.

my problem was I was using an older version of vobsub that didn't support these type of subtitles. I used the newer version and it worked out just fine.