PDA

View Full Version : Megui with xvid 1.3.2???

Mildragon
5th November 2011, 18:05
I have been using Megui for some time and the XVID version included is 1.2.1 (2050 svn).

Can anybody tell me how to update Megui (xvid_encraw???) with the latest version of Xvid 1.3.2 ?

Thanks in advance.

Mildragon
11th November 2011, 09:51
Please guys... Doesn't anyone know????

Placio74
11th November 2011, 15:20
Currently, you can't perform such an update. Because...
In official xvid_encraw stdin just does not work, so you can't use this build with MeGUI.
MeGUI uses a modified (old, 'unofficial') build of xvid_encraw, which unfortunately is not compatible with latest version of Xvid (swapping of xvidcore.dll library is not enough - too many major changes).

[EDIT]
Ups... my mistake. stdin is no relevant here. So my previous answer was wrong.
One difficulty - some commands have been changed in xvid_encraw, but not in MeGUI (however we can set custom command line). Other - output file size limit (at least when writing to AVI (old 1.0) container).

Mildragon
11th November 2011, 21:44
After a lot of trials and errors - and as advised by someone else- I managed to make megui work with Xvid 1.3.2. I installed koepi's xvid 1.3.2 and replaced koepi's xvid_encraw in megui's folder and also the xvidcore.dll The only negative is that second pass conversion can use only 1 thread and I have to uncheck "lumi hvs masking".

Can Somebody tell me if xvid 1.3.2. offers better video quality in comparison to xvid 1.2.1?

Placio74
11th November 2011, 23:32
Sorry, my previous answer was wrong.
About comparison of quality, I can't answer (I do not think that was a significant difference).
One hint... yes, You must disable HVS Masking (there is no "-lumimasking" command in new xvid_encraw) - but You can add (in custom command line) appropriate new command ("-masking 1").

Zathor
12th November 2011, 11:23
After a lot of trials and errors - and as advised by someone else- I managed to make megui work with Xvid 1.3.2. I installed koepi's xvid 1.3.2 and replaced koepi's xvid_encraw in megui's folder and also the xvidcore.dll The only negative is that second pass conversion can use only 1 thread and I have to uncheck "lumi hvs masking".

Can Somebody tell me if xvid 1.3.2. offers better video quality in comparison to xvid 1.2.1?

Can you please try if it is possible to write AVI files >2GB and >4GB. As far as I know this is not possible with xvid_encraw 1.3.x and that is preventing us from updating.
EDIT: http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=139475

Mildragon
12th November 2011, 12:19
Can you please try if it is possible to write AVI files >2GB and >4GB. As far as I know this is not possible with xvid_encraw 1.3.x and that is preventing us from updating.
EDIT: http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=139475

I haven't tried it yet because personally I don't use OpenDML so much. The fact is that I've read in many forums that the present version of megui doesn't support it. Probably this is the case...

kalehrl
12th November 2011, 17:57
Can you please try if it is possible to write AVI files >2GB and >4GB.

Why is it so necessary to be able to write avi files larger than 2GB?
I have never encoded a single movie over 2CD size.
Maybe you can fix it somehow so that a user can select if he wants to use xvid 1.3.2. or xvid 1.2.1.

Zathor
12th November 2011, 18:17
Why is it so necessary to be able to write avi files larger than 2GB?
Because otherwise users will complain that the file is broken.

Maybe you can fix it somehow so that a user can select if he wants to use xvid 1.3.2. or xvid 1.2.1.
There is nothing to fix in MeGUI. xvid_encraw needs to be changed.

Mildragon
13th November 2011, 00:39
It's true... Megui with Xvid 1.3.2 can't create output files bigger than 2 Gb. I've just tested it. In other words, OpenDML is not supported.

If someone could do something about this............