PDA

View Full Version : Avisynth + FFDshow for HD-movies?

SamuelMaki
10th October 2011, 09:54
Hi, I am new to the forum and avisynth. Currently Iīm trying to make realtime sharpening and scaling with avisynth+FFDshow using a guide from this site:http://www.homecinema-hd.com/ffdshow-video-avisynth_en.html I am using the avisynth 2.60MT found in this site and projecting 1080p to 120" screen... I used search function and I found that LimitedSharpenFaster maybe isnīt the best solution... I tried to get LFSmod working, but cause I am a n00b, I couldnīt get it to work:o So if somebody would be so nice and post some working script and help me using it with FFDshow, I would appreciate it a lot:)

And if you know some better method to make 720p and 1080p movies better, feel free to tell me;)

And my specs are: Windows 7 x64, AMD Phemon II quad 2.0Ghz, AMD Radeon HD 5650, 4GB Ram, mpc-hc, ffdshow tryouts, madVR, ReClock

pandy
10th October 2011, 14:05
create in ffdshow profile XXXXXX

call in AVS ffdshow simply

ffdshow ("XXXXXX")

In theory You should be able to pass parameters from AVS to FFDS in this way:

ffdshow ("XXXXXX", options="optionxxx=250")

but this work or not (sometimes work ok - sometimes not - not sure why but seems due issues in FFDS not in AVS).

optionxxx=250 is stored in the profile and must be find manually by searching profile file so it is good to create two profiles and changing in one profile particular value useful for You then compare differences and isolate name of option (can be different named than in FFDS screen)

Using profile is quite reliable.