PDA

View Full Version : permanent subs in mpeg2 files

[Woofie]
6th February 2002, 22:39
I've searched high and low, but sofar no luck yet.

To convert avi's to mpg2 with perm. subtitles is no problem. Just using virtualdub, .srt files and cce and you're there.

But how to do the same with an already existing svcd file (for instance abc.mpg)?

What i understand by know, is that using submux, iauthor or philips ... gets you selectable subtitles. Some people love them, i don't ;)

Is there a way to do it at all and if so, without loosing too much quality? Time is no drawback in this.

Ehm, i tried dvd2avi/VFAPI/virtualdub/CCE but the ouput seems a little interlaced ...

[Woofie]

lcask
7th February 2002, 14:28
Originally posted by [Woofie]
I've searched high and low, but sofar no luck yet.

To convert avi's to mpg2 with perm. subtitles is no problem. Just using virtualdub, .srt files and cce and you're there.

But how to do the same with an already existing svcd file (for instance abc.mpg)?

What i understand by know, is that using submux, iauthor or philips ... gets you selectable subtitles. Some people love them, i don't ;)

Is there a way to do it at all and if so, without loosing too much quality? Time is no drawback in this.

Ehm, i tried dvd2avi/VFAPI/virtualdub/CCE but the ouput seems a little interlaced ...

Look here ... http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=16233
[Woofie]

[Woofie]
7th February 2002, 14:49
Ah goodie, see i didn't search for it enough.

Thanks lcask! I'll let you know when if it worked out for me :)

[Woofie]

lcask
13th February 2002, 15:26
So far only success in burning permanent subs (.SSA format) through VirtualDub frameserving and TMPGEnc and using VirtualDub Subtitler plugin...

I have heart also VobSub plugin could be used but I do not how...

L.

What is your experience?