PDA

View Full Version : Permanent subs in SVCD

lcask
5th February 2002, 16:46
Because of my standalone DVD player (Pioneer DV 525) refuses to play switchable subs on SVCDs, I guess only way is to burn the subtitles in the video stream - MPEG. My question is how, if I have subs in format of .srt or other similar formats easily to be converted.

Any advice?

L.

Yusaku
5th February 2002, 18:36
Convert STRs or SUBs to SSAs (VobSub 2.09 package might help you...) and burn them in the AviSynth script part of DVD2SVCD (or in VirutalDub if you're doing SVCDs manually...).

Unfortunately AviSynth scripting is a bit advanced - definitely more than primitive VirtualDub filter interface

Hope this snip will help you:

function VD_Subtitler(clip clip, string filename)
{
LoadVirtualdubPlugin("C:\Vdub\plugins\subtitler.vdf", "_VD_Subtitler")
return clip._VD_Subtitler(1, filename)
}

Be warned, though, that VD plugins operate in RGB32 space; thus you'll lose a lot of DVD2SVCD speed :(

lcask
6th February 2002, 08:05
Originally posted by Yusaku
Convert STRs or SUBs to SSAs (VobSub 2.09 package might help you...) and burn them in the AviSynth script part of DVD2SVCD (or in VirutalDub if you're doing SVCDs manually...).

Unfortunately AviSynth scripting is a bit advanced - definitely more than primitive VirtualDub filter interface

Hope this snip will help you:

function VD_Subtitler(clip clip, string filename)
{
LoadVirtualdubPlugin("C:\Vdub\plugins\subtitler.vdf", "_VD_Subtitler")
return clip._VD_Subtitler(1, filename)
}

Be warned, though, that VD plugins operate in RGB32 space; thus you'll lose a lot of DVD2SVCD speed :(

Thanx, seems workable... this is what i need!

L.