16v
4th February 2002, 11:58
hello

i have downloaded a move and the subtitles for the movie. it is a .sub file

what do i do now to see the movie with subtitles. thanx

aleksander
4th February 2002, 12:08
Install DirectVobSub.
It's a part of the VobSub, so download VobSub and install it.
aleksander

16v
4th February 2002, 12:11
ok

what player do i have to use.. i right now use BSplayer,

good player but when i say load subtitle it doesn't load the subtitle?

thanx

UHT
4th February 2002, 12:23
use vobsub....if ur having problems with bsplayer u can always try it out on wmp6.4

16v
4th February 2002, 14:03
is the some where special the subttles have to be?? (thinkin of directories)

thanx

aleksander
4th February 2002, 14:07
subtitles have to be in the same directory as the movie and must have the same name as the movie (i.e - movie.avi, movie.sub)
take care
aleksander

16v
4th February 2002, 14:12
and then a player that supports subs automatical finds the sub?

aleksander
4th February 2002, 14:15
You don't need any special player. It can be an ordinary Windows Media Player (best if 6.4). And yes - if you will have DirectVobSub installed it will load subtitles automatically when opening the movie.
aleksander

16v
4th February 2002, 14:20
thanx alot

just an xtra quest. i have ripped a dvd with easydivx and the subtitles.. when i play this movie from the harddrive the subtitles is shown. but when i play from a CD the subs isnt shown??

any suchestion? the only thing i chanced was that i burnt the movie and the subs on the disc. not the directories that easydivx had made

aleksander
4th February 2002, 14:24
Never used easydivx and don't know what can be your problem. Maybe it has something to do with preserving the directories :confused:
And one more thing - did you use easydivx to get the subtitiles from the movie???
aleksander

16v
4th February 2002, 14:30
yes i did. i think this easydivx only is a interface, and it runs some other programs.

when i have ripped subs how can i choose only 1 language. because the ripper in easydivx rips all the subs. so its a file of about 40megs. can i rip only 1 language of this file??

aleksander
4th February 2002, 14:33
Don't know what program easydivx uses to extract the subtitles from the movie, but if it uses VobSub - yes - you can select only one language if you want to. And then you can rar it, so the file size will be 5 or more times smaller.
aleksander

16v
4th February 2002, 14:39
yeah i have tried that with vobsub and no problem to choose 1 language but it takes about 40-45 min can that be right??

aleksander
4th February 2002, 14:43
40-45 minutes :eek: :eek:
For me it only takes 5-10 minutes (one or two languages).
I guess it can take that long but most probably you're ripping all subtitles...
Take a look at GordianKnot guide - there is an explanation of the VobSub - how to get subtitles from the movie.
aleksander

/edit/
have to go now....take care...
/edit/

16v
4th February 2002, 14:57
last quest.\

how do i make these burnt in subtitles

FactorM
4th February 2002, 15:44
you have to use the vobsub filter in virtual dub.