PDA

View Full Version : VSO ConvertXtoDVD 4x

wvredneck
17th December 2010, 08:43
I have been using VSO ConvertXtoDVD for years, last upgrade in June 2010 to a 4x version. I mostly use it to compile tv shows to watch later on a dvd so quality is not a major issue. its fast and I get my subs and simple to use, anyway last week I compiled 4 shows, ran it to DVD in the AM came back that evening and tried to run 4 more and suddenly I have an error. It creates folders in the work menu says job done(but its not) and gives me the following error msg

EXCEPTION RAISED IN CONVERSION THREAD WITH MESSAGE "LIST INDEX OUT OF BOUNDS (-1)"

Never before have i received this I uninstalled reinstalled, using VSO clean in between. Even went back to a 3X version I had used several yrs ago still the same problem.

I did not install any new software, my Microsoft auto upgrade is turned off so I have to do that manually. my "check for upgrade" in the software is turned off, no reboot before the error, several since.

I am using XP home 32bit

I am stumped

VSO is no help, so any suggestions would be appreciated

Considering my level of expertise I feel certain it is something stupid I am doing or have done.

TIA

HFW
18th December 2010, 16:14
I think the problem with ConvertXtoDVD is when you mux with subtitles that have problems or not properly made. If you mux without subs, and you donīt have the error message, then you sould probably have a problem in subs, so I suggest you that you fix the subs with urusoftīs Subtitle Workshop, free; just open the sub and then save; problem solved.

wvredneck
18th December 2010, 22:43
TY will try that and see what happens !!!

wvredneck
18th December 2010, 23:08
HFW
You are a life saver that did the trick !!!!!!

TY AND HAVE A MERRY AND A HAPPY

HFW
18th December 2010, 23:21
Glad I helped. Same to you:)