PDA

View Full Version : need help with white balance control

takeru
4th February 2002, 01:37
i am using a asus 8200T2, capturing using powervcr2 3.0. the problem is, the white balance is way too high, resulting in overbright areas at times. i see no place i can fix this either. is there anything i can do?

Scuba
4th February 2002, 11:26
Normaly this problems can be fixed only on devices with optional white balance adgastments and require special equipment to generate color bar signal and in some cases special calibration devices.

If you think it's the card then RMA it. Get a new one that is working properly.

takeru
4th February 2002, 17:11
well, this is an asus 8200T2 video card. everything seems alright except for the whiteness in everything when recording. it has a check option in settings for auto noise filtering, but it doesn't seem to do anything. isn't there a program i can use to adjust it manually for recording?

Scuba
4th February 2002, 19:08
I will be very supprised if such a low level card will have such an option.
Maybe there is a registry entry that set's it. But I don't know it.

HighInBC
19th June 2005, 14:28
I have found a very effective white balance routine, see my post here:

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=96042

Arachnotron
20th June 2005, 21:47
If you cannot get to the drivers brightness and contrast sliders (which is where you adjust stuff like this), try the VideoWDMControl2 (http://www.asvzzz.com/download.htm) util.

FlimsyFeet
27th June 2005, 11:12
i am using a asus 8200T2, capturing using powervcr2 3.0. the problem is, the white balance is way too high, resulting in overbright areas at times. i see no place i can fix this either. is there anything i can do?I think the correct term is "white level" or "contrast". "White balance" is adjusted to make sure whites and greys don't have a blue or red coloured tinge to them.

trevlac
27th June 2005, 15:24
@Arachno, @FFeet;

Did you notice you were responding to a post made in 2002?

Talking to ghosts from the past ? :D

Arachnotron
1st July 2005, 14:33
Superbump....... :D