PDA

View Full Version : ZMB codec loaded into Sony Vegas now fails

Kloppstock
8th October 2010, 23:38
"Zipped.Motion.Block.Video" codec should work on windows 7 64-bit? also right, with working i include working inside
Sont Vegas 9 as it used to do, even though it have always been trouble even on XP, but it have allays added the video to the time line, not just the audio like now

http://content.imagesocket.com/thumbs/problemo40a.jpg (http://imagesocket.com/view/problemo40a.jpg)

http://content.imagesocket.com/thumbs/fanskap2ce.jpg (http://imagesocket.com/view/fanskap2ce.jpg)
I suppose ZMB shall be setted to libvacodec in FFdshow settings
(as it becomes as default)

Before you say it! i have currently K-lite codec pack installed yes,
i have nothing to loose now cause i have already tested to have only xvid installed, only divx, only FFdshow (with ZMB over it off course) doesn't add the video to time line anyway

No other coded files refuse to add the video to time line like this, it doesn't help to increase amount of ram for preview on media player inside Vegas :)

I have reinstalled ZMB alot of times now, and i have both used the installer from K-lite codec packs latest version of ZMB,
and i have tested to use the included ZMB installer that follows Dosbox 0.74, it makes no difference what you do to change it inside Vegas

One more thing i can add, i can play my dos box caps inside Virtual dub, still not enough for Vegas

I believe im in need of a certain combination of codecs, and only one will work basicly, i accidental found combination before, now i don't, since its avi dosbox creates it gotta be involved with our basic codecs somehow? but which one?

I prefer to not sit and convert each captured ZMB video
to standard avi if i can, cause i need so many short ones for my project, and becides i remember the days when Vegas did create this vid ZMB inputs, and it shall again in my book
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bIjC0Dxpkxo

Have allready asked on Vogon's dosbox forum, i have not received any solution from there yet

If somebody have any ZMB files, please do me a favor and test drop it into Vegas if you use it

Windows 7-64 Bit

Reimar
9th October 2010, 16:59
You have checked whether Vegas needs 32 or 64 bit ffdshow and installed and configured the correct one?

Kloppstock
10th October 2010, 21:01
You have checked whether Vegas needs 32 or 64 bit ffdshow and installed and configured the correct one?

Wouldn't entire ffdshow fail in Vegas when it comes to adding xvid and other basic formats if this is indeed a 32/64 case? not just ZMB as it does now, but no i don't know what Vegas 9 require here, if i have windows 7 64-bit i supposed a codec version for 43-bit would not even install if i attempted to back
instead of forward?

I have tested with this codecs so far

XviD64-setup 2008
XviD-1.2.2-07062009
K-Lite_Codec_Pack_64bit_390
Divx Installer
Win7codecs_v265
Neither of these one worked for this format in Vegas

This is kinda disturbing, at the same time ZMB claims to be installed in Video inspector, i get this when i attempt uninstall the entire codec pack, physically the required file "zmbv.dll" is physical in the directory

clsid
11th October 2010, 16:11
Perhaps Vegas uses VFW instead of DirectShow? In that case, you should enable ZMBV in ffdshow VFW interface instead of the DirectShow decoder.

Kloppstock
11th October 2010, 23:34
Perhaps Vegas uses VFW instead of DirectShow? In that case, you should enable ZMBV in ffdshow VFW interface instead of the DirectShow decoder.

If so i must also make sure somehow that no direct show filter
can keep conflicting within ffdshow, i cant all settings on my own,

why i make this conclusion is i have tested ffdshow before and ZMBV is allways activated as default
to "libvacodec" in there, the other possibility is only "disabled"
and libvacodec have not been enough to steer Vegas right when
i have tested this not long ago
(right now i don't have ffdshow installed, but its easy fixed)

so with your info it now starts point towards that computer translates something else within ffdshow's default settings to conflict with Vegas, but i can never find this on my own..:search:

clsid
12th October 2010, 18:43
You are looking in the settings of "ffdshow video decoder". You should look in settings of "ffdshow VFW interface".

Kloppstock
12th October 2010, 19:32
You are looking in the settings of "ffdshow video decoder". You should look in settings of "ffdshow VFW interface".

Damn sure i should have, it was disabled there,
now it at least load the video stream into Vegas! thank you
however...
my torturing devil throws out one last desperate ensnare
to slow me down.
As you can see in the attachment the colours appears becoming corrupted in Vegas integrated preview media player, that blue you see is not so normal for this game, and rendering it keept
that blue colour in final video :eek:

Its only ZMB that gets this colours in Vegas offcourse, however in virtual dub the colours appears normal, all i have done is installed ffdshow_rev3611_20101006_clsid_x64

this time i actually enabled some formats that was not ticked default to enable, i suppose those could have caused some kind of colour problems?

Otherwise its Vegas that have a problem with X-64 and the
result would only apply on ZMB :rolleyes:

If you don't use to work with Vegas with windows 7 i suppose i could ask in a standalone Vegas thread at this board

Kloppstock
30th October 2010, 21:29
Hello again may i have...my attention please! :)
forget my previous post, now we start from zero @ this post

Sitting here with a fresh installation of windows 7
and finally i get preview picture when inserted ZMB file

But the god Brahma have decided to torment me a bit more :angry:

This time all ZMB captures lag in the preview so much that its hard to work with technically, however rendering it went fine
no lag on the output

This time i have upgraded the equipment though
now its "Vegas Movie Studio HD Platinum 10.0"
i have redone the only thing i can come up with, increase the
dynamic ram preview from 350 to around 900 :sly:
but it doesn't stop hack though

anybody know anything more i could try..that may be new to Vegas platinum that i must sett manually?