PDA

View Full Version : How to input IFOedit's .txt file into Tmpgenc

Chumboy
2nd February 2002, 18:07
how do i get ifoedit's tmpgenc .txt file into tmpgenc as a template?

rmtaibo
2nd February 2002, 20:48
Go to setting-->GOP structure-->uncheck detect scene changes and check force picture type setting-->click on setting-->click on load -->select your frame number list *.txt file

This must work...
Sometimes TMPGEnc's mpeg-2 plugin doesn't select whole vob file.
If the original vob is a combination of 2 or more mpeg files, it will select only the first one. That's very common in movie extras content.

RICHARD

Chumboy
2nd February 2002, 21:35
i end up with 6 vob files for the matrix.
do i join them into one vob then load that into tmpgnc or load first original vob?

tmpgnc doesn't seem to accept multiple vob's, so i joined them. then imported the merged vob into tmpgnc. when i then load the .txt file, tmpgnc just sits there thinking, the stops responding.

any ideas?

could someone post a how-to on this?

rmtaibo
2nd February 2002, 21:59
Did you try to encode each vob file separately and then merge the resulting m2v files?

I didn't test ifoedit newest version 0.85b, so I didn't verify if ifoedit writes a text file for each vob or only one text file for all vobs.

It's normal that TMPGEnc takes a long time for load a vob file (several minutes). It needs to read whole file (about 6Gb) before load it for encoding.

Doom9
2nd February 2002, 22:17
I haven't had time to try it.. but unless you get multiple text files you'd assume that it was for the whole set of vobs. And load vobs into tmpg? maybe it works thru the directshow interface but please don't ever do this. create a dvd2avi project and load that into tmpg. the output you'll get from directshow will be modified (as in.. certainly has no interlaced lines but also will be 29.97fps and giving you no chance to reconstruct the actual 23.976fps)

GlenC
2nd February 2002, 22:46
Hi,

It takes absolutely ages to import the file, on my 1.4gig athlon, it took around 3/4's of an hour, then when selecting ok, it takes another age to get back to the main menus.

Glen.