PDA

View Full Version : Subtitles are 45 seconds too late -- tried time offset and subresync, niether work...

EnDarkEnd
1st February 2002, 17:05
First off, I want to say thanks to all those who have have helped me with my newbie subtitle questions before. :)

I've tried ripping and encoding this particular anime episode DVD twice, but I get the same problems each time. The subtitles are coming in approximately 45 seconds too late. I've tried offsetting the subs by that amount of time in milliseconds; no change. Then I tried using subresync, but I don't see how it works. I loaded my .idx file into it and I can see what cells I need to change the time on, but there's no way of changing anything that I can see. I can click on it and highlight it and a preview shows up below, but I click "reset" and nothing happens. I also tried right-clicking on it, which made a check appear in the checkbox beside it, but still, "reset" did nothing and there's no way of editing it at all. Does anyone know how I might be able to fix my sync problems?

Thanks in advance,

EnDarkEnd

*edit* - I'm using the latest version of GKnot and v2.08 of VobSub.

gabest
1st February 2002, 17:11
Hehe, you tried everything except the one you need :). You can change the values of the first column just like if you were renaming a file in explorer, left-click it and wait without moving the mouse.

(negative numbers may only work in subresync 2.09)

EnDarkEnd
1st February 2002, 17:27
Me /= dumb

Ok, that works. Thank you. :)

outcomes
16th May 2007, 07:07
Hehe, you tried everything except the one you need :). You can change the values of the first column just like if you were renaming a file in explorer, left-click it and wait without moving the mouse.

(negative numbers may only work in subresync 2.09)

iam clicking right on it but it only gives me green circle and triangles of red..

i can't rename the time or i mean edit it

smiller667
16th May 2007, 14:49
Left-click on the time and hold without moving the mouse to edit the time values.