PDA

View Full Version : Subtitle Size

Dislikeyou
13th May 2010, 02:15
I converted some SRT subs into ASS and changed font to Frank Gothic Medium , Size 24. The thing is that it will look different on different video resolutions.. if i add this subtitle to an 640 x 480 video it will look small.. if add it to an 576 x 324 video it will look big.. the thing is that i want it to look the same no matter what the video resolution..

I have noticed when i go to script properties in Aegisub and i change the resolution there to 576 x 324 the font will look big on the 640 x 480 video.. but i am not sure if it is a good way to do it.. so i hope someone knows the correct way.. Thanks!

By the way.. i am hardsubbing using RipBot if that matters..

Inspector.Gadget
13th May 2010, 02:21
If you're hardsubbing, then you won't have any problems: the subs are a part of the image, and will be scaled with the rest of it on playback. If you're encoding at 640x480, style the subs to look good there, and everything else will be taken care of on playback.

Dislikeyou
13th May 2010, 07:26
Thanks for trying to help, but this was not what i meant.. i already know this what you said..

The problem is that even thought i use the same font, font color & size.. the sub will display different on different video resolutions..

I open aegisub and load an .ass subtitle with font size 24 and then i click Open movie and select a video with resolution 720 x 528 and i go to properties and click "from video" button and it will change the resolution there to the one of the video.. After i save the subtitle and play the video in VLC with that sub i see the font size of the sub is 24

But when i open aegisub and load the same subtitle and then click Open movie and select another video that has resolution 640 x 336 and i go to properties and click "from video" button and it will change the resolution there to the one of the video.. After i save the subtitle and play the video in VLC with that sub it looks like the font size in the subtitle is 30 or more..

Now if i do it by hardsub it will be the same like when i view it in vlc.. i mean one of the movies will have bigger font size.. so what i want is that both movies will have font size 24. I have even tried loading the 720 x 528 version of the sub on the 640 x 336 movie but it still does not seem to be 24 size.

Hope i explained better this time..