PDA

View Full Version : Can't get Nero Audio Decoder working in EAC3to

Knoxville44
31st August 2009, 13:53
Hi,

I'm using Nero 7, the HD Blu-ray plugin is unlocked, EAC3to more Gui says the nero audio decoder is not installed.

EaC3to can use Sonic, Arcsoft, but I want to use Nero to Encode the TrueHD stream.
I'm using Windows 7 64-bit.

What could be the problem?

Knoxville

Gokumon
31st August 2009, 21:34
Why do you need Nero to decode TrueHD when you can just use libav that decodes the audio in a bit-perfect manner?

Knoxville44
31st August 2009, 22:25
well, I thought libav doesn't encode the core of the TrueHd stream, so Nero should be better in my opinion. I looked into the wiki about Eac3to and there the Nero encoder is shown as best encode option for TrueHd Encoding. Am I wrong?

ACrowley
1st September 2009, 11:02
well, I thought libav doesn't encode the core of the TrueHd stream, so Nero should be better in my opinion. I looked into the wiki about Eac3to and there the Nero encoder is shown as best encode option for TrueHd Encoding. Am I wrong?

so the other question is why would anybody decode/encode the AC3 core instead of the lossless TrueHD/MLP ?

libavcodec decodes TrueHD Bit perfect so far....no need for Nero anymore.

Gokumon
1st September 2009, 13:27
well, I thought libav doesn't encode the core of the TrueHd stream, so Nero should be better in my opinion.

Why would you think that?

I looked into the wiki about Eac3to and there the Nero encoder is shown as best encode option for TrueHd Encoding. Am I wrong?

Yes, you are wrong because whatever wiki you've read is horribly out of date. libav has been the default option for decoding TrueHD for quite some time with eac3to. Not to mention that libav can do 7.1 TrueHD tracks while Nero can only do up to 5.1. So there is no point in using Nero because it is actually inferior to libav for decoding TrueHD in capabilities.

Knoxville44
1st September 2009, 14:23
I really didn't know that...Maybe you can tell me also what is the best encoder to use for DTS HD?

Blue_MiSfit
1st September 2009, 22:18
AFAIK the Arcsoft decoder is the best choice for DTS-HD. I did this a long time ago, but I've misplaced my Arcsoft license keys so I can't do it again :P

~MiSfit

Atak_Snajpera
1st September 2009, 23:30
AFAIK the Arcsoft decoder is the best choice for DTS-HD. I did this a long time ago, but I've misplaced my Arcsoft license keys so I can't do it again :P
The best about arcsoft is that you can use this decoder forever. You just have to copy few files from trial TMT 2.0 and 3.0 package to your system directory and then register .ax

Gokumon
2nd September 2009, 13:23
I really didn't know that...Maybe you can tell me also what is the best encoder to use for DTS HD?

Why don't you read madshi's first post in the eac3to thread (http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?p=1004685#post1004685)? It would have told you this information and would have told you how libav is the preferred TrueHD decoder.