PDA

View Full Version : DVB-S2 TS-Stream with AC3 2.0 but should be AC3 5.1

OliBoe
13th July 2009, 08:46
Hi,

iīve just recorded Disneys Tarzan from the german Sky Disney channel with my Kathrein UFS-922 DVB-S2 receiver and iīm in trouble with the audio-tracks.

The kathrein just saves .ts files on his harddisk and of course they are unencrypted. I worked with some movies from the same channel (A bugs life, Toy Story 2 etc.) and averything works fine.

So the problem is that all my tools report a AC3 2.0 track with 384kBp/s but it should be a AC3 5.1 track with 384kb/s.

I use:
- TS-Doctor to fix the .ts file
- H264tsCutter to cut the movie
- tsRemuxeR to convert to m2ts (for my PS3)

Sometimes tsRemuxeR recognizes a AC3 2.0 track because the end of the trailer before the film is in 2.0.
But in this case i just cut a sample out of the main movie (in the middle) and TS-Doctor and tsRemuxer still recognizes 2.0.

So is it possible to change the AC3 flag or to test the stream?

best regards,
Oliver

Ghitulescu
13th July 2009, 08:51
If you started the recording BEFORE actually the movie starts then you got highly possible part of the commercials before the movie, which normally are in DD2.0. So far I know, the software you used only looked at the first chunk of audio and assume it remains the same for the whole length.

Try cutting it after the movie starts (you may be lucky enough to find the exact starting point, you need some tests).

tebasuna51
13th July 2009, 09:37
Use DelayCut to detect the change frames ("Some basic parameters changed between Frame #x and this frame") and cut after.

OliBoe
13th July 2009, 12:20
If you started the recording BEFORE actually the movie starts then you got highly possible part of the commercials before the movie, which normally are in DD2.0. So far I know, the software you used only looked at the first chunk of audio and assume it remains the same for the whole length.

Try cutting it after the movie starts (you may be lucky enough to find the exact starting point, you need some tests).

Yes, thatīs what I did...
I recognized that this special Disney channel sometimes changes from 2.0 to 5.1 a few frames after the movie starts. So therefore I skip the first frames and start to cut the movie after it. This works everytime instead of this special recording!

I also tried to cut in between of the movie (20-25 minutes after the movie starts) to force a 5.1 audio but the result was again AC3 2.0 track... :-(

best regards,
Oliver

Ghitulescu
13th July 2009, 15:07
Yes, thatīs what I did...
I recognized that this special Disney channel sometimes changes from 2.0 to 5.1 a few frames after the movie starts. So therefore I skip the first frames and start to cut the movie after it. This works everytime instead of this special recording!

I also tried to cut in between of the movie (20-25 minutes after the movie starts) to force a 5.1 audio but the result was again AC3 2.0 track... :-(

best regards,
Oliver

2 more issues:
1. I just realised that Sky Disney is SD. If so, then you may use ProjectX to demux the things (PjX cannot do h.264, but SD is MPEG-2). Because PjX has the possibility in audio tab to force DD3/2. Or you might demux the audio part with PjX and the video with tsmuxer.
2. Are you absolutely sure that's a DD5.1? Sometimes they broadcast only DD2.0 (I don't know for Sky Disney as this is PayTV), they say only DD and the printed programmes may interpret this as DD5.1.

OliBoe
14th July 2009, 07:55
Hi Ghitulescu,

I forgot to clarify that I recorded Tarzan from the Sky Disney HD channel. So this is a 1080i MPEG-4 broadcast and therefore not compatible with Project-X. (Which unfortunately isnīt cappable of doing MP4 stuff)

It could be that Tarzan was only broadcasted in AC3 2.0 but there are some facts that make it more likely that it should be a 5.1 track:
- Every other Disney film on this new channel (starts on 4th of July) was in 5.1 (Toy Story 2, A bugs life, Monster AG, etc.)
- A AC3 track 2.0 with 384kB/s is relative uncommon because most of the AC3 2.0 tracks are in 192kB/s - arenīt they?

Unfortunately they will not repeat the broadcasting of Tarzan in the next four weeks so I cannot record it again... :-(

best regards,
Oliver

14th July 2009, 14:06
Use DGSplit to cut off 50MB from the beginning of the *original unprocessed* TS file and upload it to mediafire.com. Then post the link here. I will look at the audio headers and tell you for sure what it is.

OliBoe
14th July 2009, 15:45
Use DGSplit to cut off 50MB from the beginning of the *original unprocessed* TS file and upload it to mediafire.com. Then post the link here. I will look at the audio headers and tell you for sure what it is.

Hi,

find attached severall files out of my Tarzan-recording:

The first 50MB of my recording - should be the end of the movie before Tarzan (or a commercial):
http://www.o-boerner.de/video/Tarzan_orig_split.ts

A 50MB split from the orig. recording but in between of the main movie:
http://www.o-boerner.de/video/Tarzan_orig_inbetween.ts

The first 50MB of my recording after fixing the TS with TSDoctor 0.96:
http://www.o-boerner.de/video/Tarzan_fixed_split.ts

A sample of aprox. 50MB of the movie in between. First fixed with TSDoctor 0.96 and the cut with h264ts_cutter_v111:
http://www.o-boerner.de/video/Tarzan_fixed_cut.ts

I hope this will help you!

Best regards,
Oliver

14th July 2009, 21:48
Both audio PIDs in Tarzan_orig_inbetween.ts carry AC3 2_0 48 384 audio.

OliBoe
15th July 2009, 06:56
Thanks neuron2,

it seems that they just broadcast this movie in AC3 2.0 opposite to their other movie-broadcasts.

Okay - iīll check the next recordings (unfortunately no Tarzan again in the next few weeks) and hope that they send them in 5.1...

Many thanks for your support,
Oliver